Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Requesting Benefits Billing Refunds in HRS
OverviewThis procedure provides steps to take when an employees has overpaid insurance premiums in Benefits Billing and requires a refund.
- If a refund needs to be issued to the employee, the payment(s) and charge(s) must be adjusted in Benefits Billing by UWSS. Either a reallocation of the payment is processed, a credit card refund is processed, or a paper check is issued to the employee.
1. Refund requests are made via a WiscIT initiated by either the UW Institution or the UWSS Reconciliation Team.
Note: The ticket must clearly indicate how the funds should be processed.
2. To see the actual adjustments in HRS, navigate to: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Calculate and Review Charges > Review Charge Details, enter the EMPLID and click search.
3. To see the description of the adjustments in HRS, navigate to: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Make Adjustments > Review Adjustment Summary, enter the EMPLID and click search.
Additional ResourcesRelated KBs:
- Reviewing Benefits Billing Charges and Payments in HRS
- Entering Benefits Billing Enrollments in HRS
- Reviewing the Benefits Billing Delinquency Report in HRS
- Printing a Manual Benefits Billing Invoice in HRS
- Setting Up Benefits Billing Manual Charges in HRS
- Reprinting Benefits Billing Reprint Invoices in Cypress