Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration

Requesting Benefits Billing Refunds in HRS


This procedure provides steps to take when an employees has overpaid insurance premiums in Benefits Billing and requires a refund.

Process Considerations:

  • If a refund needs to be issued to the employee, the payment(s) and charge(s) must be adjusted in Benefits Billing by the UWSS Benefits Team. Either a reallocation of the payment is processed or a paper check is issued to the employee.

1. Refund requests are made via a WiscIT initiated by either the UW Institution or the UWSS Reconciliation Team.
Note: The ticket must clearly indicate if funds should be reallocated or if a paper refund check should be issued to the employee.
2. To see the actual adjustments in HRS, navigate to: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Calculate and Review Charges > Review Charge Details, enter the EMPLID and click search.
Replacement pic 1

3. To see the description of the adjustments in HRS, navigate to: Benefits > Benefits Billing > Make Adjustments > Review Adjustment Summary, enter the EMPLID and click search.

replacement pic 2

Additional Resources

Related KBs: Related Links:

Get Help

  • Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Department or HERE for the UWSS IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with these instructions.

Keywords:back out reconciliation SFS adjustment adjust payment recon holistic review SFS employer share journal entries refund check refund refund benefit billing credit credit benefit billing BN, Benefits BN, Benefits   Doc ID:72792
Owner:Christina S.Group:UW–Shared Services
Created:2017-04-21 09:08 CDTUpdated:2020-07-24 10:59 CDT
Sites:Human Resource System (HRS), UW-La Crosse, UW–Shared Services
Feedback:  0   0