Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Setting Up Benefits Billing Manual Charges in HRS
OverviewThis procedure explains how to create manual charges for an employee in Benefits Billing. Manual charges are created for immediate need that cannot wait for the monthly Benefits Billing statement process. You cannot create manual charges for a future Benefits Billing period.
- The employee has to be enrolled in Benefits Billing for the specific benefit plan before the charge is created manually.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Instructions1. Enroll the employee in Benefits Billing. Refer to Entering Benefits Billing Enrollments in HRS .
2. Review the Current Benefits Summary screen in HRS to verify the employee's Benefit Program and which insurance(s) the employee is enrolled in.
- Benefits > Review Employee Benefits > Current Benefits Summary
3. Verify benefit premiums by either using the Review Paycheck screen in HRS or the Review Paycheck Query in HRS.
- Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck
- Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer > UW_BN_REVIEW_PAYCHECK_PUB
Note: If the employee is making changes to their insurance coverage levels, you will need to adjust the premiums accordingly when creating the manual charge. Please keep in mind the annual premium may change for January 1st (charge example: 2001), the ICI premium changes February 1st (charge example: 2002), and SGL premium changes April 1st (charge example: 2003).
4.Enter the manual charge after verifying the benefit plan, benefit premium, and the employee's benefit program.
- Benefits > Benefits Billing > Calculate and Review Charges > Enter Manual Charge
5. You will need to fill in all the highlighted fields and click on the Save and Add Next button. You may create as many manual charges as necessary.
Note: The Date Due and Date Overdue automatically fill based on the Billing Period used. If the charge is being set up late, you will want to manually adjust the dates to the 10th & 11th of the month following.
6. Review the Review Employee Balances screen in HRS to verify the manual charges were set up correctly.
- Benefits > Benefits Billing > Manage Acct Status and Balances > Review Employee Balances
7. After all charges have been manually added, a manual statement can be created. Refer to Printing a Manual Benefits Billing Invoice in HRS
- Entering Benefits Billing Enrollments in HRS
- Printing a Manual Benefits Billing Invoice in HRS
- Viewing the Current Benefits Summary in HRS
- Review Benefit Enrollments in HRS
- Reviewing Benefits Billing Charges and Payments in HRS
- Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid in HRS
- Reviewing Benefits Arrears Balances in HRS
- Running the Review Paycheck Query in HRS
- Reviewing the Benefits Billing Delinquency Report in HRS
- Reprinting Benefits Billing Reprint Invoices in Cypress
- Requesting Benefits Billing Refunds in HRS