Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Running the Missing From CAT Report
OverviewThis report is intended to identify employees that exist in Job Data, but are missing in the Compensation Administration Tool (CAT).
- Reasons an employee may be missing in the CAT may include:
- Hired after the Initialization Report (IR) was run
- Hired before the first of the next Fiscal Year
- The employee record was excluded while working in the Initialization Report
- The employee record was excluded while working in the Institutional Planning Spreadsheet (IPS)
- This report should be run regularly, after the IPS is loaded into the CAT
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Review the report.
- Navigate to Workforce Administration > UW External HR Systems > Compensation Admin Tool > CAT Reports > Missing From CAT Report
- Click Search under the Find an Existing Value tab to select a previously created Run Control ID, or create a new Run Control ID by selecting Add a New Value. To create a Run Control ID, assign a unique identifier as the Run Control ID (eg. initials_date_etc.) into the Run Control ID box and select Add.
- NOTE: The Run Control ID sets the report parameters. Users can create one ID and use it to run multiple processes and reports, or create a new ID for each process or report.
- Enter parameters to define the criteria for the Missing From CAT Report.
- Select the upcoming Fiscal Year used for CAT budget planning purposes. This field will default to the latest Fiscal Year setup in the CAT.
- Select a Business Unit
- If desired, select a Division
- If desired, select a Department
- If available, the Department field will become editable when the user selects a Division from the search tool or enters one manually and presses the tab button
- Click Select Values in the Employee Class box if you wish to exclude certain Employee Classes from the report. The default is for all Employee Classes to be included. Employee Classes that are not included in the CAT will not pull onto CAT reports.
- Click Save in the bottom left to save the parameters for the report.
- Click Run in the top right to run the report.
- User will be automatically directed to the Process Scheduler Request page. From this page, select OK.
- Note the Process Instance number under the Process Monitor link. This designates the specific instance of the report run.
- Click Process Monitor at the top right of the window. Search for your Process Instance number under the Process List, which will indicate the status of the report generation. When the report is complete, the Run Status will be "Success" and the Distribution Status will be "Posted."
- If Run Status is "Queued," it indicates that the report generation is waiting to start.
- If Run Status is "Blocked," it indicates that another process or report is being run. Do not resubmit your report. It will be queued as soon as the other process or report has completed.
- If Run Status is "Processing," it indicates that the report is being generated.
- Click Refresh at the top right of the window to refresh the status of the document.
- Once the Run Status is equal to "Success" and the Distribution Status is equal to "Posted," download the output.
- Click Details
- Click View Log/Trace at the bottom right of the window.
- Under File List, click the file with the .xls extension to download the output. Note: You may have two .xls outputs if you have additional splits.
- When opening the file in Excel, if an error message appears indicating that "the file you are trying to open....is in a different format than specified by the file extension," click Yes.
- Note that different internet browsers may have different opening processes.
Open the downloaded Excel file:
- A description of the different header fields of the output is below.
- Review each record, and determine if that employee is eligible for Merit or should be added to the CAT.
- If a particular employee record should be added, navigate to Workforce Administration > Compensation Administration Tool > CAT Page > Add a Value
- Enter the Employee ID (Empl_ID) and Employee Record (Empl_Rcd) number
- A blank CAT page will appear for the user to enter rate increases and funding information.
| REPORT PARAMETERS|
| Field Name||Description|
| Run Control ID|| The Run Control identification entered when the report was created.|
| Run Date|| The date the report was created|
| Fiscal Year|| The Fiscal Year selected in the Run Control|
| Business Unit|| The Business Unit selected in the Run Control|
|Division|| The Division (if any) selected in the Run Control|
| Process Instance|| The unique number assigned by PeopleSoft for each report or process run|
| Run By|| The unique user identification number of the user who ran the report|
| Employee Class|| The Employee Classes included on the report's Run Control parameters|
|Department|| The Department (if any) selected in the Run Control|
| REPORT COLUMNS|
| FISCAL YEAR|| The upcoming Fiscal Year that is active in the CAT|
| BUSINESS UNIT|| The Business Unit of the Employee Record from HRS|
| HOME DEPT (DEPT ID)|| The Home Department of the Employee Record from HRS|
| EMPLOYEE ID|| The Employee ID of the Employee Record from HRS|
| EMPLOYEE RECORD NUMBER|| The Employee Record Number of the Employee Record from HRS|
| NAME DISPLAY|| The Employee's Name of the Employee Record from HRS|
| EMPLOYEE CLASS|| The Employee Class of the Employee Record from HRS|
| POSITION NUMBER|| The Employee Position Number of the Employee Record from HRS|
|JOBCODE|| The Job Code of the Employee Record from HRS|
| TITLE (JOBCODE DESCRIPTION)|| The Title of the Employee Record from HRS|
| CONTINUITY CODE|| The Continuity Code of the Employee Record from HRS|
| FTE|| The Full Time Equivalent of the Employee Record from HRS|
|PAY BASIS|| The Pay Basis of the Employee Record from HRS|
|COMPRATE|| The Compensation Rate of the Employee Record from HRS|
|ANNUALIZED FULL TIME RATE (1 FTE)|| The Annualized Full Time Rate (annual salary as of 1 FTE) from HRS|
|EXPECTED END DATE|| The Expected Job End Date of the Employee Record from HRS if applicable|
|FUND CODE (1,2,3,4,5)|| The Fund of the Funding String(s) of the Employee Record from HRS|
|DEPARTMENT (1,2,3,4,5)|| The Department ID number of the Funding String(s) of the Employee Record from HRS|
| PROGRAM (1,2,3,4,5)|| The Program of the Funding String(s) of the Employee Record from HRS|
| PROJECT ID (1,2,3,4,5)|| The Project ID number of the Funding String(s) of the Employee Record from HRS|
Additional ResourcesRelated KBs:
- Viewing the Summary Reporting Page in CAT
- Running the BSUM  in CAT
- Security Roles Overview for CAT
- Running the IPS Upload to CAT (Append) and Additional Adjustments Page
- Compensation Administrative Tool and Additional Adjustments Pages in CAT
- Running the Institutional Planning Spreadsheet to CAT [Edit and Overwrite]
- Running the Initialization Report for CAT
- Institutional Planning Spreadsheet in CAT
- Running the IPS Upload to Additional Adjustments Pages (AAP) for CAT
- Compensation Administration Tool 1.1 New Hires Business Process in CAT
- [Link for document 59664 is unavailable at this time.]
- [Link for document 56584 is unavailable at this time.]
- Running the HRS to CAT Compare Report in CAT
- Running the HRS Change Report in CAT
- Running the Record Errors Report in CAT
- Running the Under Min / Over Max Report in CAT
- Running the Audit Log Report in CAT
- Running the Position Report in CAT