- Click '+' to add a new row
- Effective Date : use the same date entered on Position, if applicable
- Effective Sequence: if the prior Job row had the same Effective Date, increase value by 1; otherwise leave at 0
- Click Calculate Status and Dates button if it appears.
Position Change for employees assigned to a Position
Data Change for employees not assigned to a Position
- Action Reason:
For employees assigned to a Position, use the same reason entered on Position
For employees not assigned to a Position, select Change Job Code - NO Position
- Copy the Position number, delete it, and press Tab.
- Paste the Position number and press Tab.
- Verify the new Job Code is displayed on the Job Information tab.
- Job Code changes automatically revert Officer Code back to the default value assigned to the Job Code. For the vast majority of Job Codes, the default Officer Code is 'None.'
- The Officer Codes below will be set back to 'None' whenever an employee's Job Code changes:
- Federal Retirement
- VA Hospital Employee
- Faculty Status
- The following Officer Codes are assigned to specific Job Codes:
- Executive Unclass Retirement
- Protective Retirement
- Craftworker Supervisor
- See Officer Code Listing Job Aid for HRS for more information.
- If your Job Code change row has a different Officer Code than the previous row, you may need to update the Officer Code to match its previous value. Verify with employing unit.
- Follow the steps below to update Officer Code:
Click '+' button to add a new Job Data row
- Effective Date: same Effective Date as the Job Code change row
- Effective Sequence: one higher than the preceding row
- Click the Calculate Status and Dates button if it appears
- Action: Data Change
- Action Reason: Job Data Update Misc
- Job Information tab: update Officer Code