You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Search for Existing Person in HRS
Before creating any new person in HRS, you must search HRS to ensure the person is unique/new to the system. Follow all steps in Searching for Existing Person in HRS.
NOTE: If an Empl ID was found when searching for matching persons with existing HRS data, do not use this page. Instead, follow the steps at Modifying Person Data in HRS, Rehiring a Student Help Employee in HRS, or Adding an Employment Instance (Student Help) in HRS.
If an existing Empl ID was found only in Legacy/EPM, or if no existing Empl ID was found at all, continue with the next steps.
Add a Person - Student Help page
- Navigate to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Add a Person - Student Help.
"NEW" defaults in the Person ID field.
- If an Empl ID was NOT found in HRS, leave the Person ID as NEW.
If an Empl ID was found in Legacy Person Search, change "NEW" to the Empl ID found in Legacy Person Search. HRS will then assign that same number as the Empl ID in HRS.
- Click the Add Person button.
Biographical Details tab
- In the Name section, leave the Effective Date as the current date or change it to the start date of the job, whichever is earlier.
- Click the Add Name button.
- Enter the legal Name values in ALL CAPS. Using all caps when entering the name provides naming consistency.
- If the person's name is a single name (e.g. CHER), use the following approach: Enter the single name into the last name field. Enter "FNU" in the first name field. "FNU" is commonly accepted to stand for First Name Unknown.
- If the person has both a primary (legal) name and preferred name, enter the preferred name using the Additional Name page. See Adding a Preferred Name in HRS .
- Click Refresh Name.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Biographic Information section, enter the employee's Date of Birth.
- In the Biographical History section, select the Gender from the drop-down list.
- Optional: Select Highest Education Level from the drop-down list.
- Optional: If you have the Marital Status, select it from the drop-down list. If you have it, enter the event date in the As of date field.
- If you have the Social Security Number, enter it in the National ID field. If you do not have the employee's Social Security Number, leave this field blank. Additional processing will be needed after you save, but do not save yet.