The FLSA Exemption Compliance Report identifies employees who potentially need a change in their FLSA Status from Exempt to Non-Exempt, accounting for exceptions due to job duties such as Doctor, Teacher, Lawyer, Camp Counselor or Academic Administrator that are legal exceptions to the rule. The report provides wages related to FLSA Jobs to assist with the analysis.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Instructions For Evaluation
The FLSA Compliance Query evaluates and lists employees in FLSA Jobs and provides the end user with wage information to determine if their FLSA Status should be changed. An employee not meeting the annual threshold of $35,568 and not qualifying for an FMLA Exeption must be changed to Non-Exempt.
1. Navigate to: Workforce Administration > Job Information > UW FLSA WorkCenter
2. Choose the FLSA Compliance Report from the Queries panel:
3. Enter your search criteria
- Business Unit (Optional): the specific institution for evaluation; wildcard (%) use is acceptable
- DeptID (Optional): a specific Organizational Department; wildcard (%) use is acceptable
4. Click View Results
Note: If specific search criteria are not used, there is a potential that the report will take an extended amount of time to run. Scheduling the job may be a better option if timing out (instructions listed below).
5. Evaluate to determine if employees listed need to have their FLSA Status changed from Exempt to Non-Exempt
- Data for most recently completed Pay Run ID or pay period will populate; the report provides the Earns End and Period End Dates
- Employees in Active (A) or Paid or intermittent LOA (P) Empl Status with a FLSA Status of E will populate if they are below the threshold. You will see data pertaining to Non FLSA Status employee data if the employee holds multiple jobs.
- Employee job attributes are based on current Job Data
- Threshold Pay Period: is displayed based on the number of months paid to date
- Monthly: 1/12th of $35,568 = $2,964 x month
- Bi-Weekly: 1/26th of $35,568 = $1,368
- FLSA Job Earnings: pulls earnings based on FLSA related job codes
- FLSA Pers Earns: pulls earnings for ALL positions held for current month or Pay Period
- FLSA YTD Earns: pulls FLSA job earnings paid YTD
6. If analysis has determined that there needs to be modifications made to employee data, please reference Related KB's below.To the top