A. Organizational Department request forms are located on the UWSS Service Operations Human Resources webpage, in the Organizational Department Changes tile.
- https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/administration/human-resources/ (log-in required)
B. Download and complete the top portion of the PDF request form.
C. Complete the rest of the PDF form if space allows; if the number of changes exceeds the space available, download and complete the Excel spreadsheet.
- It is preferred that Org Dept information is entered electronically on each form.
- The PDF form must include all three approval signatures.
- The funding source provided for HRS Department Level Funding should be valid in SFS prior to submitting the Org Dept request.
To: Send to the appropriate Affinity Group; see Get help from UW-Shared Services Support Team.
Subject: FY[YY] Organizational Department Request [Business Unit]
- Note: UW Madison Org Dept requests should be sent to email@example.com; OHR will review and submit to AG1.
Body: In addition to noting the email attachment(s), be sure to note if you are also requesting Service Center assistance with updating employee Job Data, Position and/or Appointment-level funding records in HRS by use of a mass update process.
A. In addition to entering a new Appointment-level funding value, other updates may be needed when an employee's Organizational Department changes
- An employee's Time and Labor Security may need to be updated; see Creating and Maintaining Time and Labor Security in HRS
- An employee's Tenure Home may need to be updated, especially if a tenure granting Org Dept is inactivated; see Entering Tenure Tracking in HRS
- When a new Org Dept is created, Workflow for Additional Pay (WfAP) Approvers need to be set up; see [Link for document 84118 is unavailable at this time.]