1. Log into HRS. Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.
2. Click on the UW_HR_NEW_HIRE_HOLD Error ID hyperlink. This query is also accessible from the FLSA WorkCenter, found at Workforce Administration > Job Information > UW FLSA WorkCenter. For more information about the WorkCenter, see KB Setting Up a WorkCenter in HRS.
3. Click the Check to Claim check box. Your name will appear in the Claimed by section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Click link to UW_BN_JOB_DATA. This will take you to the employee's UW Benefits tab on the Job Data page.
5. Note that the Previous Service fields are blank and the Benefits Service Date is equal to the hire date.
8. The Previous Service fields will need to be updated on each Empl Rcd. Click the Next in List and Previous in List buttons to navigate between Empl Rcd, and within each Empl Rcd click the right and left row buttons to find every Effective Date and maximum Effective Sequence of each date.
9. Click the Save button when all data has been entered on all records.
10. Close this window to return to the Error Query Summary Page.
11. Click the Completed check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by section with the Date and Time noted.
12. Click Home link to return to the main WED page OR
13. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
14. Upon successful resolution of the employee's error and after nightly updates, the employee will fall off the list.
Benefit Administrators can pull the New Hire Hold Report (UNBNR002 New Hire Hold Report) from Cypress https://cypress.doit.wisc.edu/ to further investigate an employee. The report in Cypress shows the Effective Date, Empl Rcd, and which field is missing the data.