This procedure lists the steps to update the Expected Job End Date (EJED) field. This field is used in a nightly process to automatically insert a termination row on Job Data once the EJED passes. If an employee's job is to be extended, users must modify the Expected Job End Date prior to the date passing to prevent this auto-termination.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
If the Expected Job End Date is not modified prior to that date passing, a termination row will automatically be added to the Empl Record. The downstream impacts of not proactively changing this date may include termination of all benefits, WRS, and paid leave requiring a manual reinstatement of the employee.
- HRS Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job information > Job Data
- Enter the EmplID of the Employee or first/last name and click Search.
- If necessary, select the employee record.
- Click plus sign to add a new row.
- If necessary, change the Effective Date. Note: The effective date of this row must be prior to the existing Expected Job End Date.
- Click the Action list and select Data Change.
- Click the Reason list and select Change Expected Job End Date from the list.
- Enter the new Expected Job End Date.
- You will receive a pop-up message reminding you to review the Position's Continuity (for example, If the employee's Expected Job End Date was extended, then their Continuity might also need to be changed). Please note that changing an employee's Continuity may result in a change in their eligibility for benefits.
- Click OK.
- Click the Save button.