Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Time and Labor
Viewing the Payable Time Detail Page in HRS
OverviewThis document explains how to find out if your employee's time has been approved or if it still needs approval. If you find yourself unsure as to if you or someone else has approved an employee's time, a good place to check is the Payable Time Detail page.
After time is entered and time Administration has run (4a, 9a, 11a, 1p, 3p and around 6p), the Reported Time becomes Payable Time. Payable Time is created based on the rules and edits within the Time Administration process and once approved, will be processed in Payroll to compensate the employee.
- There are two MyUW portals, MyUW Madison and MyUW System, which provide all UW employees access to their Personal, Time and Labor, Absence, Payroll, and Benefit information applications (app). Each app displays personalized employee information stored in the Human Resources System (HRS), as well as links to HRS-Self Service modules and Help information.
- UW-Madison: Employees can access the MyUW Madison portal at https://my.wisc.edu/ using their UW-Madison NETID username and password. On the MyUW Madison portal, the Payable Time Detail page can be accessed through the Manager Time and Approval app.
- All UW: Employees can access the MyUW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/ using their UW Institutional ID username and password. On the MyUW System portal, the Payable Time Detail page can be accessed through the Manager Self Service - Time Management link located at the top of the Manager Time and Approval app.
- For managers to access Payable Time Detail information from the time and Absence MSS Dashboard, see KB Managing the Time and Absence MSS Dashboard in HRS.
- Login to HRS via the MyUW Madison or MyUW System portal.
- Locate the Manager Time and Approval tile on your portal and click the Time/Absence Dashboard button, a new page will open. Then click on the Time/Absence Dashboard (Approve Time) Link to be taken into HRS.
- Once in HRS, the path to this page is: Manager Self-Service>Time Management>View Time>Payable Time Detail.
- You will be taken to a search page where you can search by Group ID, Empl ID, name or other methods. For more on search methods, see: Employee Search Options in HRS
- After choosing a search method, click on Get Employees
The employee(s) will appear in a list below the Select Employee search box.
- Click on the name of the employee you would like to see details on.
- The Payable Time Detail page for the specific employee will appear.
- The Status column will tell you if the time has been "Approved", "Needs Approval", or has been "Taken by Payroll". "Taken by Payroll" means that the time has been approved and has moved on to the next step in the process of paying the employee.
*NOTE: Make sure the Start and End date are set for the correct Time Period you are looking for.
Below is an example of some time that "Needs Approval". Also, if you look in the Quantity column, you could possibly see negative numbers. This means that changes were made to the originally submitted time. The negative number is reflecting that you need to approve taking away the faulty original entry. You should also see a positive number for the same day, as in the example below, with a different amount of time (reflecting the change that was made). This is indicating that you also need to approve the change to the original entry of time.
*NOTE: For more information on approving negative time, see: Negative Hours when Viewing Payable Time in HRS
- Employee Search Options in HRS
- Negative Hours when Viewing Payable Time in HRS
- Time and Labor Processing Procedure Timeline in HRS
- Approving Payable Time in HRS