Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Running the Federal Employee Retirement Contributions Query in HRS
OverviewThe Federal Employee Retirement Contributions Query is designed to assist UW Extension in reporting contributions to the Federal government by payroll.
- This Query should be run after each payroll has confirmed.
2. Enter UW_BN_FED_RTMT_PY_CONTRIB into the search criteria and click Search.
3. You are shown the Search Results below. If you had done a partial search, multiple queries could appear in the list. Click the link for Excel.
4. Once you click on the Excel link, a new page will open. On that page, you will enter the Pay Run ID into the Pay Run ID field. Click View Results.
5. Open the query by clicking the OK or Open depending on your internet browser.
Below is an example of Mozilla Firefox.
Below is an example of Windows Microsoft Edge.
6. Review the results and determine a course of actions if needed.
- An employee will appear on the report with multiple rows for employee and employer deductions.
- The data appearing in the Excel spreadsheet is:
- ID = Empl ID
- Name = Employee Name
- Empl Rcd# = Employee Record (Job)
- Plan Type = Overarching group of benefit plans (ex. Plan Type 10 = Health)
- Eff Date = Deduction date
- Group = Pay Group
- Pay Period End
- Plan = The specific Benefit Plan the employee is enrolled in.
- Deductn Cd = The code that appears on an employee's payroll check.
- Ded Class = Deduction Class
- Curr Dedn = Current Deduction Amount