Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Time and Labor
Viewing Compensatory Time Balance in HRS
OverviewThis procedure provides instructions for viewing Compensatory Time (Comp Time) balance information. Comp Time balance may be viewed in the timesheet, in Time and Labor, and in Global Payroll and Absence Management.
- Compensatory Time (Comp Time) balance is updated after Time Administration processes
The Comp Time balance may be viewed by three methods: through the timesheet, within the Time and Labor module, or with other balances in Global Payroll and Absence Management. Access to the latter two will depend on role security.
Viewing Comp Time Balance through Timesheet
1. To access or review the timesheet, refer to TL - Accessing a Timesheet (Employee & Manager).
2. Once you are in the timesheet, click the Compensatory Time tab.
3. If the employee has Comp Time, it will be listed as Comp Time.
Note: If Comp Time is used in week 1 of the time period and you want to see Comp Time balance after its usage, change the View By option to Day or Week. Click Refresh and re-open the Balances hyperlink.
4. If you want to see additional information about the employee's Comp Time, click the View Details icon in the Comp Time row.
5. Once you are finished reviewing the detail, click the close button in the top-right corner of the window.
6. To view another employee's Comp Time balance, click the hyperlink to Return to Select Employee and you will be taken back to the Timesheet Summary page and may select another employee.
Viewing Comp Time Balance within Time and Labor1. Depending on security access, you may view Comp Time balance within Time and Labor. Navigate to: Time and Labor > View Time > Compensatory Time.
2. Enter Employee ID or other selection criteria, then click the Get Employees button.
3. Select the employee name hyperlink to access the employee and you will be taken to the Compensatory Time page.
4. If the employee has Comp Time, it will be shown as a quantity of hours in the 'Balance at Start of Today.' This is the balance that is literally as of the date you are opening the page. The page does not reflect past or projected balance information.
5. To view another employee's Comp Time balance, choose the hyperlink to Return to Select Employee.
Viewing Comp Time Balance through Global Payroll and Absence Management1. Depending on security access, you may also view comp time balance through Global Payroll and Absence Management through menu path Global Payroll & Absence Mgt > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > Review Absence Balances.
2. The Review Absence Balances search page opens. Enter the Employee ID (EmplID) or name and then click the Search button.
3. Select the employee name hyperlink to access the employee and you will be taken to the Review Balances page.
Note: If the name search resulted in more than one employee to select, select the employee from the output list by clicking the Empl ID or name hyperlink. Then the Review Absence Balances page will open.
4. The Comp Time balance will be listed as UWS_C_CT_BAL.
5. Click the Return to Search if you would like to see another employee's balances.
- Processing Compensatory Time Payout in HRS
- Entering Compensatory Time Payout upon Termination in HRS