Requesting an Adjustment Using the UW Term Paysheet Request Page in HRS
Sometimes after an employee has terminated employment, leave payouts or additional hours worked need to be paid. The UW Term Paysheet Request page allows provisioned users to request a payline be opened for an employee's leave payouts and/or hours added to the timesheet post-termination. The usage of this page replaces the need for end users to request a ticket for Service Operations to open the payline.
- Paylines may only be requested through the UW Term Paysheet Request page for empl records on which the employee is inactive.
- If an employee is still active on the empl record that needs payouts or hours paid (i.e. the employee transferred to a different pay group), a ticket will still need to be submitted to Service Operations to manually open a payline.
Instructions for Using the UW Term Paysheet Request Page
1. The UW Term Paysheet Request page can be used to open a post-termination payline for an employee's leave payouts (monthly and biweekly employees) or for hours entered on the timesheet post-termination (hourly employees only).
Before requesting a payline be opened for leave payouts using the UW Term Paysheet Request Page, the following steps must be completed. Further details on these steps can be found in Process Payouts and Paybacks upon Termination or Transfer in HRS:
- Make sure all leave takes have been entered and processed (this includes any outstanding leave reports for FA/AS/LI employees).
- After all leave takes have processed, review the employee's leave balances to validate what needs to be paid out.
- Enter applicable leave payout takes on the UWS Absences page using the employee's last day in pay status as the date.
- When the payout takes have processed, amounts can be validated by clicking on the Absence Data link in Results by Calendar
Additional Hours Entered on Timesheet:
Before requesting a payline be opened for additional hours added to the timesheet post-termination, the following steps must be completed.
- Verify the employee was active in Job Data for the period the missing hours are being requested.
- Missing hours must be entered on the employee's timesheet.
- After Time Admin runs, the hours need to be approved by the employee's manager or payroll coordinator.
2. Once all leave payout takes or additional timesheet hours have been entered and successfully processed, navigate to Payroll for North America> Payroll Processing USA> Create and Load Paysheets>UW Payline>UW Term Paysheet Request Page
3. Click the Add a New Value tab.
4. Enter the following information:
- Empl ID - Enter the empl ID of the employee for whom you're requesting the payline
- Empl Rcd - Enter the empl record the payline pertains to. Remember, this page only works if the employee is inactive on the empl record of choice.
- Pay Run ID - Enter the pay run ID on which you want to have the payline be opened and payouts/TL hours paid.
5. On the UW Term Paysheet Request page, enter the following information:
- For leave payouts, choose 'AM' from the Payline Type dropdown. Then enter the earnings begin date and earnings end date, which should be equal to the last date worked.
- For missed TL hours, choose 'TL' from the Payline Type dropdown. Then in the Earning Week dropdown, choose which week of the pay period the missed earnings occurred. Type in the dates of that week in the Earnings Begin Dt and Earnings End Dt fields.
- If missed pay spans additional weeks or pay periods, click the plus button to add new lines. Enter the information for all applicable weeks of missed pay.
- 'AM' will already be selected in the Payline Type field. Enter the earnings begin date and earnings end date, which should be equal to the last date worked.
6. After all information is entered, click Save.
7. The process that opens paylines for entries made on this page runs a couple times during a payroll calc week. The deadline for entry on the UW Term Paysheet request page is end of business on Tuesday of a standard processing week.
8.Validate the payline was successfully entered and that the leave payouts and/or TL hours are on the employee's paycheck as expected by checking Review Paycheck.
9. Submit a ticket to UW-Shared Services if the payline is not processing as expected. The following are common reasons why the payline may not have processed:
- The incorrect date was entered on the payout takes in UWS Absences and the payouts didn't process
- Not all applicable payout takes have been entered in UWS Absences
- Monthly employee has missing leave reports. Leave payout takes will not process if there are outstanding leave reports.
Additional Hours Entered on Timesheet:
- The employee is not active in Job Data for the period the hours were entered
Running the Paysheet Status Report
The Paysheet Status Report can be run to validate, at a glance, that all payline requests entered on the UW Term Paysheet Request page have processed as expected.
1. Navigate to: Payroll for North America> Payroll Processing USA> Create and Load Paysheets>UW Payline>UW Payline Reports>Paysheet Status Report
2. On the run control page, enter the Pay Run ID and the Paysheet Type that you want to view payline statuses for. You can leave all the status boxes checked or choose certain ones to only show on the report. It is recommended to the run the report for all statues so that you can view all entries at once. The report results are limited to the user's security access.
3. Run the report. When the report has successfully finished, click on the "Details" link in the Process Monitor. In the "View Log/Trace" section, open the PAYSHEET_STATUS_REPORT.xls spreadsheet.
4. The report will show all information entered on the UW Term Paysheet Request page. Column F displays the Payline Status. If the payline status is anything other than "Payline Opened" (payouts/TL hours should be on a calculated paycheck) or "Ready to Open" (payouts/TL hours haven't loaded to the EE's paycheck yet), an error has occurred. Contact UW-Shared Services if the payline is in an error status to have it opened manually.
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services or HERE for the Office of Technology Services (OTS) Helpdesk if you have any issues with these instructions.