Running the Mass Job Update Process in HRS
A Mass Update is a batch process to assist the institutions with large amount of data that needs to be changed in HRS. This document will outline the steps and details necessary to utilize the HR Mass Update process.
- The HR mass update process is designed for making more than 100 employee changes. Fewer changes are handled most efficiently by hand-keying.
- Email request must be sent to the Shared Services Affinity Group via a WiscIT three weeks prior to Pay Period Start Date.
- Shared Services will run a query based on the desired selection criteria and populate a Mass Update Template.
- The pre-populated template will be returned to the institution for review. After review and final updating of the standardized excel template, it must be re-submitted to the UW-Shared Services a minimum of two weeks prior to the final calc and confirm for the first affected pay period.
- UW-Shared Services will process the mass load update in HRS within one week of receiving the updated excel template. A post update report will be provided to the institution upon completion, detailing the records that were updated and any errors.
- Retroactive increases are not allowed per policy.
- Updates can be performed on:
- Compensation Rate
- Expected Job End Date (EJED)
- Student Help Termination
- Reports To
- Organizational Department tied to a Job
- Location tied to a Job
- Position of Trust
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
A. WiscIT Request
To initiate a Mass Job Update request, email your Shared Services Affinity Group with the following information:
- Type of update to be performed (e.g., Compensation, Location, Org Dept etc.)
- Provide desired selection criteria of population (e.g., Dept ID, Empl Classes)
- Which payroll you are aiming to have the updates completed by, or other timing considerations. (Recommend that the effective date be the first day of the pay period).
Submit your request three weeks before the target pay period start date.
B. Template Review
- A pre-populated template will be provided for your review of the requested data. Review, update and return the template and confirm for the first affected pay period.
- The Cover Sheet tab identifies which fields are required for the upload.
- If there are employees in the list who should not receive a change, DELETE the row from the spreadsheet. Do NOT use filters or hide employees.
- Once you have verified the data is correct, reply via WiscIT and attach the updated file.
- We recommend having records loaded into HRS before the first preliminary calculation of the payroll requested.
C. Mass Load Update Complete
- The Mass Job Update results will be emailed to the requestor. It will include several tabs:
- Updated - All job rows that were successfully loaded
- Errors - All job rows that could not be loaded
- Warnings - All job rows that were updated but require review.
2. It is up to the institution to review the errors/warnings and work as needed.
Related KBs:Related Links:
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Department or HERE for the UWSS IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with these instructions.