The mandatory training process provides automatic notification of required training. Employees can review their status of each course and link to a course via URLs by visiting the Mandatory Training tile in Employee Self Service. Additionally, a query can be run anytime to see the status of individual's training requirements.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Mandatory Employee Training Courses
Information Security - annual required training
Title IX - required training every three years
Mandated Reporter - required training once after hire
Mandatory Employee Training Email Process
Do not manually send emails to employee's to complete the courses, it may cause challenges with tracking results.
Emails are automatically sent to an employee's preferred business email address in HRS:
NOTE: Completion deadline is 30 days from notification date.
- Hires, Rehires, Transfers, Return from Leave, Waiver change
Annual Refresher Process:
- Refresher courses for Information Security Awareness (Yearly) and Sexual Harassment (Title IX) (Every three years)
- Every March 1 - March 31
- Employees who complete the courses in January and February will be exempt for the year
- Sent one day post job effective date
- Courses will not be available until notification goes out
- Retroactive job transactions with Effective Date or Date Created (Action_dt) within 7 days will be picked up
- Reminder email one: 14 days after original notification date (if not complete)
- Reminder email two: 21 days after original notification date (if not complete)
- Monthly overdue reminders: 15th of every month after 30 days has passed since notification (if not complete)
Employee Self Service Mandatory Training Page
Access through MyUW Portal
The Mandatory Training page in HRS will show the current Status for all three courses, when the course is Next Due, and if a course is due, a URL will display to link the employee to the course.
To the top
Instructions for Requesting a Course Waiver
A waiver request will only be accepted from the institution's designated contact. It is the institution's responsibility to provide additional information to the employee with alternative information for the course that is being waived.