Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Payroll

Requesting Legal Settlements for Wages and Non-Wages in HRS


This document includes the process to follow to get a legal settlement processed in HRS.

Process Considerations:

  • To process the request, the UWSS Service Operations must have an email from the requester, the settlement agreement, and a W-4 if applicable.
    • If a W4 is needed, make sure it's entered in HRS before requesting the settlement payment
  • It must be determined if the settlement is WRS eligible.  Legal council is contacted if Service Operations is unable to make that determination.
  • If special funding is required, it must be included with the request or entered in HRS prior to your request being submitted.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:


Because of special process considerations all legal settlements are done off-cycle. The department or institution HR Administrator should send an email to the UWSS Service Operations Payroll Manager.  Please include the following information:

  • All pertinent information that will be needed and isn't included in the settlement agreement. Specifically the turn-around time for receiving the check and where it should be sent.
  • The settlement agreement
  • Funding information if different than what is currently in HRS
An off-cycle payment will be processed according to our off-cycle processing schedule which is a Wednesday check date.

KeywordsPayouts payroll pay out contract PY, Payroll PY, Payroll PY, Payroll   Doc ID74974
Ownerjenny j.GroupUW–Shared Services
Created2017-07-31 15:18:23Updated2024-05-14 10:51:49
SitesUW–Shared Services
Feedback  0   0