Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Talent Acquisition Management
Creating and Evaluating Open Ended Questions in TAM
OverviewOpen Ended Screening Questions (Essay Questions) can be used in screening during an application. Once the question has been added to the screening criteria when creating a Job Opening, evaluators must be assigned as those who will be reviewing the answers provided by the applicants.
- Open Ended Screening Questions are included in the Screening Question Library in TAM and are available for selection similar to other screening questions.
- Only the assigned evaluators can award an applicant points for the answer.
- Evaluators do not see identifying information about applicants.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Instructions for Setting Up Open Ended Questions
- Navigation: Manage Job Openings > Screening
- Click Add Screening Question
- Select the Open Ended Question from the list
- Select the Enter Evaluators hyperlink
- Enter the Empl IDs of the individuals who will be evaluating the applicant's responses
NOTE: click the plus sign to add additional evaluators
- Complete the steps to place the open ended question in an applicant screening and assign maximum points, see KB Creating Job Opening(s) in TAM
Evaluating Open Ended Question ResponsesAfter an applicant has submitted an application with an open ended question, an email will be sent to the evaluators
- Navigation: Self Service > Recruiting > Evaluate Open Ended Questions
- Click on the Reference Number of the Open Ended Question to evaluate
- Review the applicant's answer
- Enter Evaluation Points in the bottom right.
NOTE: The Maximum Points appear in the bottom left
- Click Submit to record the evaluation score
NOTE: Clicking Save allows the evaluator to review the response again, however the score is not recorded until Submit is selected.
- Once a score has been submitted it will be removed from your list.