Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Processing the Self Service Pending WED Report in HRS
OverviewThis report will identify any newly hired or open enrollment employees who have accessed and/or made elections using Self Service but have not confirmed the elections. Benefit Administrators need to contact these employees to ensure benefit elections are submitted to HRS timely.
- If the employee does not complete the enrollments by clicking the Submit button, they will not be enrolled for insurance and potentially may miss their new hire 30 day or open enrollment window to make elections.
- Benefit Administrators should only enter elections through an ADM event if the employee has submitted paper applications. See Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS .
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the UW_BN_EBEN_PENDING query on the WED to open the report. (This query is also accessible from the FLSA WorkCenter, found at Workforce Administration > Job Information > UW FLSA WorkCenter. For more information about the WorkCenter, see KB PD-WorkCenter.)
2. The list of employees who went into Self Service, but have not submitted their elections will appear. If you have run the [Link for document 20470 is unavailable at this time.] in the past, this would represent any Event currently in a status of "Notified."
3. Click the Claimed By checkbox next to the employee you want to work with. Your name will appear with the date and time noted.
4. Contact the employee to remind them that they have a limited amount of time to enroll and they need to go back into Self Service and submit their elections.
5. Check the Completed By box. Your name will appear in the Completed By section. Once the Employee has successfully submitted their enrollments or missed their enrollment opportunity, the Employee will fall off the list the following business day.
- The Workflow Exception Dashboard in HRS
- [Link for document 20470 is unavailable at this time.]
- Viewing Self Service Confirmation Statements in HRS
- Running the New Hire Self Service Reports in HRS
- Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Setting Up a WorkCenter in HRS
- Using Self Service for the Annual Benefit Enrollment Period in HRS (Please note: this document is only available during Annual Enrollment Period)
- Reprocessing the Open Enrollment (OE) Event in HRS (Please note: this document is only available during the Annual Enrollment Period)