Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Running the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Reports in HRS
OverviewThis document provides the steps for running the ACA reports, examples of output reports and a description of each report, as well as an explanation of the data elements.
- Data updates monthly after ACA File Process runs.
- The ACA Hours Report Run Control Page allows you to create six possible outputs for reviewing hours and trending status.
- Missing ACAHW Hours (UW_ACAHWREQ) - Lump sum payments with no ACAHW hours reported where Days-Worked Equivalency method is being used
- Unmatched ACAHW Hours (UW_ACAHWNUSE) - Time that has been entered in Time & Labor using ACAHW time reporting code with no corresponding lump sum payment
- ACA Hours Report (UW_ACAHRSRPT) - Summary report showing all hours (regular, work study, ACAHW, and Days-Worked Equivalency)
- ACA Full-Time Trending Report (UW_ACA_TREND) - identify borderline full-time eligible and full-time eligible employees whose current total hours and their expected hours are equal to or greater than 120 hours
- Measurement Period Report (UW_ACA_MPRPT) - run for specific employees to get measurement and stability periods
- Not Affordable Full-Time Employees (UW_ACANAFTRP) - employees by month that were ACA full time and not offered coverage or the coverage was not affordable
Instructions1. Navigate to: UW HR Reports>ACA Hours Reports
2. Click on Find an Existing Value to select a Run Control ID or create one by clicking on the Add a New Value tab.
- A run control ID can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose. Click the Add button to add that value.
- Year = Calendar year being reviewed (i.e. 2016)
- Month= Numeric value for beginning month
- Jan=1, Feb=2, Mar=3, etc
- Process Thru Month = Numeric value for ending month
- Campus (Optional)= Narrow search to specific campus
- Green Bay = UWGBY, Madison = UWMSN, etc.
- Optional field, wildcard not needed
- Pay Group Starts With (Optional) = Narrow search to specific pay group
- Empl ID = to run for an employee. If left blank, report processes for all employees
4. Click "Run"
5. Select the report(s) to be reviewed. Multiple reports may be checked at the same time, but check the Measurement Period Report only if you are reviewing specific employees.
6. Click "OK"
7. Click on the Process Monitor to view the status.
8. On this screen, look for the process instance and click "Details" when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". Click the yellow refresh button until it is successfully posted.
9. On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
10. Locate the File List and find the Excel file to view the report. If multiple reports have been selected, each report must be opened individually.
ACA Hours Report Sample Outputs
1. Missing ACAHW Hours
- Lump sum payments with no ACAHW hours reported where Days-Worked Equivalency method is being used. Hours Data Element Table
2. Unmatched ACAHW Hours
- Time that has been entered in Time & Labor using ACAHW time reporting code with no corresponding lump sum payment. Hours Data Element Table
3. ACA Hours Report
- Summary report showing all hours (regular, work study, ACAHW, and Calculated Lump Sum Hours). Hours Data Element Table
4. ACA Full-Time Trending Report
- Use to identify borderline full-time eligible and full-time eligible employees whose current total hours and their expected hours are equal to or greater than 120 hours. Trending Data Element Table
5. Measurement Period Report
- Use for specific employees to get measurement and stability periods. Measurement Period Data Element Table