Funding Edit Errors Pagelet in HRS


The Funding Edit Error Report is a listing of employees with invalid funding/funding errors for the current payroll (known as PRDFLT - Payroll Default); or employees who have no funding for all or part of the payroll period for the current Pay Run ID (known as PRSUSP - Payroll Suspense).

Corrections need to be made whenever all or part of the funding is going to be charged to suspense funding, default funding, position level funding (except employees in A80) and department level funding (except for employees in A96). Priority should be given to correcting errors where employees have funding in suspense or their funding is marked as invalid. Employees whose funding is being charged to department level funding are less of a critical funding priority.

These errors appear on a WED pagelet notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and providing a method to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis.

Process Considerations:

You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:


1.  The Pagelet Error Queries will appear on the main menu based on individual set up.  Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.

2.  Navigate to the Budget Funding Data Entry Page:  Setup HCM > Product Related > Commitment Accounting > Budget Information > Budget Funding Data Entry

  • Accessible from the Finance WorkCenter found at Payroll for North America>Payroll Distribution>Commitment Accounting USA>UW Finance WorkCenter. For more information about the WorkCenter, see KB Setting Up a WorkCenter in HRS .


HINT:  Opening a new window after navigating to the page will allow you to correct errors on the funding entry page and also have the query results open at the same time:

  • Open a New Window by clicking the hyperlink in the upper right corner of your screen.
  • Click Home to return to the main page of HRS.

HRS New Window

3.  Back on the Pagelet, review Funding Edit Error results by clicking on the Full Query Results link.

4.  The list of errors will appear.  Review online or download the results to Excel, CSV, or XML.


5.  To correct errors, return to the Funding Data Entry Page

6.  If you need to add funding or fix existing funding, enter the appropriate information to pull up the employee's funding page and click the Search button.  For information on how to change current Appointment Level Funding, please reference: Adding or Changing Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense in HRS

Additional Resources

Related KBs:

Related Links:

Get Help

  • Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services or HERE for the Office of Technology Services (OTS) Helpdesk if you have any issues with these instructions.