Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Absence Management
Running the ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report in HRS
OverviewFaculty, Academic staff, and/or limited employees may be eligible to bank into a banked leave account or sometimes referred to as an Annual Leave Reserve Account (ALRA) after they have completed 10 or more fiscal years of continuous employment. Banking of leave comes from the vacation balance or the vacation carryover balance on June 30th. Beginning with the 11th fiscal year, an employee is eligible to bank up to 40 hours of vacation or vacation carryover. The option to bank vacation is offered immediately following the fiscal year in which an employee is eligible. Beginning with the 25th fiscal year, an employee is eligible to bank up to 80 hours of vacation or vacation carryover. The option to bank vacation is offered immediately following the fiscal year in which an employee is eligible.
- Any hours placed in the Banked Leave/ Annual Leave Reserve Account (ALRA) do not expire and can be used at any time or paid out upon termination or retirement.
- Employees should review their absence balances portal in July for banked leave eligibility. The employee will then need to request the banked leave conversion via their portal.
- The report contains all active employees that are eligible to bank Vacation to their banked leave account for this year. The report also indicates how much the employee has elected and it can be run multiple times: once for eligibility, and again for who has made an election.
- If an employee has more than one employee record, all records will appear on the report. However, the amount of banked leave that the person is eligible to bank is not prorated between the records. For example: An employee with an ALRA counter of 140 has Empl Record 0 and Empl Record 1. The column ‘Max Avail ALRA Elig for Employee’ will show 40 hours for each record. In this case the employee is eligible to bank a total of 40 hours; the hours can be distributed between the two records as the employee elects.
Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > ALRA Eligibility/Election Rpt
If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
Enter parameters from above for the ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report. Then click "RUN" to proceed.
Report Request Parameters:
- Calendar Group ID: The Calendar Group ID is used to specify the time frame for the report. The Calendar Group ID would generate a report only for particular pay period. If you do not know the Calendar Group ID, you can search for it by clicking the “” icon.
- It is recommended the report be run as of 7M calendar Group ID for the current year to get the Max Avail ALRA Elig. If it is run for the ALRA Elected, it can be run after the entry is done.
- Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- You can either run the report for Department or Empl ID, but not both simultaneously.
- Employee ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- You can either run the report for Empl ID or Department, but not both simultaneously.
- Additional Excel Output: If you additionally want the report to be generated in an excel format, select the check-box for the excel output version.
On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" link when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". You may need to click the yellow refresh button until the process is successfully posted.
On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
Locate the File List and find the PDF and excel file to view the ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report.
The following is a Blank sample of the PDF version of "ALRA Eligibility/Election Summary Report" for reference.
The report generated can be printed, saved on a local computer, or it can also be retrieved from HRS at a later time.