Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > Lost Leave Balance Report
If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
- If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search OR
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
Enter parameters for the Lost Leave Balance Report. Then click "RUN" to proceed.
Report Request Parameters:
- Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Union Code: When running a department level report, add the union code if desired. If left blank, the report will retrieve the reports or all the union codes at the department. If you do not know the union code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Employee ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Calendar Group ID OR End Date: The Calendar Group ID and End Date are used to specify the time frame for the report. The Calendar Group ID would generate a report only for particular pay period; while the End Date will generate a report up to the specified end date. Only use the January A or July Regular when running this report otherwise you could data for the previous year.
- Employment Category – University Staff, Academic Staff, FAASLI Non-Exempt, or All of the above: This gives you an option to search for a particular employment category of your choice. If you have no particular preference for employment category, you can select “All of the above”, and it will generate a report for University Staff, Academic Staff, and FA/AS/LI non-exempt employees (depending on the other inputs entered).
- Leave Type: This option can be used to search selectively for a particular type of leave. Leaving this blank would run the report for all the leave types. Selecting a leave type would filter out the results for all the other leave types from the final report. For e.g. if you want to run the report for the 'Sick Leave Reduction', click the “” icon and select leave type '251216'. Running the report using this leave type will provide you the list of employees who have had sick leave reduction. 1 or more leave type combinations can also be used if desired.
- Additional Excel Output: If you additionally want the report to be generated in an excel format, select the check-box for the same.
- Department / Union Code and EmplID searches are mutually exclusive, which means that you can either run the report for Department/Union code OR employee ID, but not both simultaneously.
- Calendar group ID and End date search options are mutually exclusive, which means that you can either run the report using calendar group ID OR end date, but not both simultaneously.
- Sick Leave Reduction: If an employee has transferred into a new department in the middle of the fiscal year, it is advised that an additional missing leave report should be run to ensure that the employee does not have any missing leave reports in the previous appointment. Failure to identify this will lead to a sick leave reduction.
On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". Click the yellow Refresh button until it is successfully posted.
On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
Locate the File List and find the PDF and excel file to view the lost leave balance report.
The following is a Blank sample of the PDF version of "Lost Leave Balance Report" for reference.
The report generated can be printed, saved on a local computer, or it can also be retrieved from the HRS at a later time.