Running the Employee Funding Becoming Inactive Report in HRS
You can run a PeopleSoft HRS report to list funding rows (from the employee's Funding Data Entry
page) where the Project/Grant or funding Department will become inactive over a specified future date range. This information allows you to be proactive if you need to change the employee's Appointment-level funding before it becomes invalid.
- If Department-level funding will become invalid during the specified date range, a Department-level funding row displays at the end of the alphabetical list of employee names
- If Position-level funding will become invalid during the specified date range, a Position-level funding row displays at the end of the alphabetical list of employee name
- HRS Security Role Needed: FI Campus User Funding Reports; also see Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus in HRS
1. From the HRS Main Menu, navigate to: UW Financial Reports > Proj/Dept Inactive Fund Report.
2. Enter or create a Run Control ID, see KB Setting Up Run Control IDs in HRS
for more information.
3. In the Inactive Fund Rpt
- Business Unit - required - enter the 5-character Business Unit abbreviation for your campus (e.g., UWMSN)
- Funding Dept - optional - enter all or part of the 6-digit funding department or leave blank to include all funding departments; if you enter a partial funding department, you must use the percent character as a wildcard (e.g., 5311%).
- Begin Date - required - choose a beginning date that is set in the future (or prior to the next Payroll Confirmation deadline).
- End Date - required - choose an ending date that is set in the future (or prior to the next Payroll Confirmation deadline).
4. Click the Run button.
5. In the Process Scheduler Request
screen, to choose an output file format different than the default (PDF), click the drop-down arrow in the Format
field, and select from the list of available choices.
Note: The option for CSV (comma separated value) allows you to open the file in an Excel spreadsheet.
6. To run the report, click OK
7. Use the Process Monitor and View Trace/Log to monitor and view your report, see KB Viewing the Process Monitor in HRS
for more information
8. Select the the output file format selected in Step 6, click on the file name to view the report results.
9. The Employee Funding Becoming Inactive
report results open in a new window. It is sorted by Funding Dept, Employee Name, Empl ID (employee ID), Empl Rcd (employee record number), and Project ID. A page break occurs with each distinct funding department.
- Appointment-level funding row(s) display for employees whose funding will become inactive due to a Project ending or a funding department closing.
- For each employee identified on the report results, you should analyze the message indicated in the Problem column.
Note: You may need to view personnel-related actions on the employee's Job Data record to complete your analysis.
- You will need to change the employee's appointment funding before the Project ends or the funding department closes.
Note: For instructions, refer to Adding or Changing Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense in HRS .
Screenshot Example of Project Ending for Employees with Appointment Level Funding
10. If Department-level funding
will become inactive during the specified date range, a Department-level funding row displays at the end of the alphabetical list of employee names, for each distinct funding department. It is recommended that Department-level funding use a funding string that will not expire in the next few years.
Note: You will need to change the Department-level funding before the project ends or the funding department closes. For instructions, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase Adding or Changing Department Level Funding for an Organizational Department in HRS .
11. When finished analyzing the report results, close the window.
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services or HERE for the Office of Technology Services (OTS) Helpdesk if you have any issues with these instructions.
To the top