Searching for a Person using Social Security Number in HRS


This guide will walk you through the steps of searching for a person by their National ID number (can also be UW Reporting ID, ITIN, etc.) in HRS.

Process Considerations:

You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:


  1. From the Menu, go to Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Biographical>Search by National ID.

  2. Click in the National ID field and type in the National ID (Social Security Number/SSN) for the person you'd like to search.

  3. Click the >> button to search.

  4. Search for a person using national ID
  5. If a match is found the National ID, Empl ID and Name will be listed in the search results section of the page.

Additional Resources

Related KBs:

Related Links:

    Get Help

    • Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Department or HERE for the UWSS IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with these instructions.

    To the top