The Funding Edit Error is a listing of employees with invalid funding/funding errors for the current payroll (known as PRDFLT - Payroll Default); or employees who have no funding for all or part of the payroll period for the current Pay Run ID (known as PRSUSP - Payroll Suspense).
Corrections need to be made whenever all or part of the funding is going to be charged to suspense funding, default funding, position-level funding (except employees in A80) and department-level funding (except for employees in A96). Priority should be given to correcting errors where employees have funding in suspense or their funding is marked as invalid. Employees whose funding is being charged to department-level funding are less of a critical funding priority.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Instructions for Running the Funding Edit Query
HRS Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
To the top
- Enter query name: UW_FI_FUND_EDT2.
- Select either HTML or Excel.
- Enter your campus name in the 'Unit' field.
NOTE: To run the report for all campuses, enter “UW%"
- Click View Results
Reviewing the Funding Edit Error Inquiry Page
HRS Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Pay Period Reports > Funding Edit Errors Inquiry
- Enter values in the following fields:
a. Business Unit field - enter your campus (e.g. UWEAU)
b. Funding Dept field - all or part of the 6-digit funding department -- without the alpha campus code identifier
c. Include Valid/Unprocessed - check or uncheck depending upon the results wanted
- Percentage sign (%) is wildcard
- To find employees with funding in payroll suspense, enter the Funding Department PRSUSP
- To see only employees with invalid funding, leave the box unchecked
- To see employees in payroll suspense, check the box (PRSUSP is a valid funding department)
- To see all valid and invalid funding, check the box
When viewing all rows including valid and unprocessed, do not run for UW
Madison due to the large volume of records; instead use the Query
- Click Search
- If no results are found, no data will be shown. (NOTE: HRS does not return a "no matching values" message if
no data has been found for your search criteria).
Download Results to an Excel Spreadsheet
- Click the Show all columns icon.
If you do not click this first you will only download the displayed columns.
- Click the Download icon
To the top