Hiring a TAM Applicant from Manage Hires in HRS
Once an applicant has been prepared for hire within TAM, the applicant gets pushed to the Manage Hires page within HR. At this point, an HR Administrator completes the hire.
IMPORTANT! Prior to hiring the applicant into HRS, check if the employee already has an Empl ID by searching HRS, see Searching for Existing Person in HRS.
- The way an applicant is documented in TAM will determine what type of hire they appear as. (i.e. someone who has indicated that they were a previous employee will have a Type of Hire as Rehire). If the available list for Type of Hire is incorrect, a TAM recruiter will need to go back and update the Applicant's data in TAM.
- After the hire is completed and saved in HR, TAM will automatically close the Job Opening. The dispositions of those candidates that were not hired will remain in the last status they held upon completion of hire.
- For the Posting of Intent to File a Labor Certification, the configured reject reasons will NOT satisfy the US Department of Labor list of why other candidates were not selected for the job. Please continue to recreate an acceptable list during the green card process. Please reference Posting the Intent to File a Labor Certification in TAM for the steps to take in TAM.
- To process transactions on the Manage Hires page, users must have one of the following security roles:
- HR Administrator (Update HR)
- HR Manage Hires for Recruiting
- HR TBH HR Admin Approval Upd
Internal - Employee - Complete the Transfer / Concurrent Hire
- Click the View/Edit Person hyperlink to review and update Person data as necessary.
NOTE: TAM data will NOT overwrite existing HR Military Status or disability data. If no HR data exists for the employee, TAM will populate them.
NOTE: Once you have made the updates, click the OK button to return to the Manage Hires Detail page to continue process.
- Click the Add Job button to create a new employment instance (Adding an Employment Instance (Non-Madison) in HRS) or Transfer (Maintaining Workforce - Transfers in HRS) for this applicant, and you will be taken to Job Data.
NOTE: Some job data will auto populate based upon information in the recruitment process.
To the top
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services or HERE for the Office of Technology Services (OTS) Helpdesk if you have any issues with these instructions.