Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Changing Working Title on Job Data in HRS
OverviewThis guide will walk you through the steps of changing the Working Title on an employee's job. Working Title is updated on the Add/Update Position Info page, or for employees without a Position, on the Job Data page, UW Custom tab.
- For employees in a Position, changing the Title on a Position will change the Position Description and the Working Title on the Job Data page.
- A change in position data will not automatically flow to Job Data when the Effective Date of the position change is earlier than the last effective dated row on Job Data. Contact your Affinity Group for assistance in this situation.
- Changes to position data affect all incumbents of the Position. If this is not desired, you may need to transfer an incumbent to another Position.
Determine Whether Employee is in a Position
- An employee's Position Number can be found on the Job Data page. See KB Searching For an Employee's Position Number From Job Info in HRS.
Employees in a Position
- In HRS, navigate to Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info.
- Enter the Position Number; click Search.
- Click the Add a new row button.
- Change the Effective Date, if necessary.
- Click the Reason list and select Change to Working Title.
- In the Job Information section, change Title to the desired value.
- Click Save.
- The Position change is saved, and a corresponding Position change row is inserted on the Job Data record with the new Effective-Dated row and changed field values.
- If the change did not flow to Job Data, please contact your Affinity Group to create a WiscIT.
Employees Not in a Position
Enter the EmplID of the Employee or search for the employee using first/last name.
Select the correct employee if necessary.
Click the Add a new row button.
Change the Effective Date, if necessary.
Click the Action list and select Data Change.
Click the Reason list and select Change to Working Title from the list.
Click the UW Custom tab.
Change the Working Title within the Additional section to the title you would like for the Job.