You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
1. Access the Approve Payable Time page by clicking Manager Self Service > Time
Management > Approve Time and Exceptions > Payable Time.
2. After time has been entered on the timesheet, it may be necessary to
make changes or corrections to the submitted time. This procedure
provides information when viewing negative hours
on the Approve Payable Time page. Please refer to user procedure Payable Time Detail
for further instructions.
- In the example below, two hours of time per day are approved for this employee.
- After the supervisor or payroll coordinator approved the time, the employee updated their time to reflect the actual hours worked on 07/09/2018 from 2.0 hours to 4.0 hours and on 07/11/2018 from 2.0 hours to 1.0 hour worked.
- After the Time Admin job has run, the supervisor or payroll coordinator looks at the employee's hours in Approve Payable Time, the changed time appears as negative hours. This is to indicate hours have been adjusted after they have been approved.
- In the example shown above, by approving the negative hours, you are
approving the taking away of the 2 hour time entry (thus the minus sign)
and approving the new changed time entry.
- The supervisor and/or payroll coordinator should approve the negative hours and the time will correctly be processed via the next running of Time Admin.
Additional ResourcesRelated KBs:
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Department or HERE for the UWSS IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with these instructions.