Updating Veteran Status Using Employee Self Service Via My UW Portal


This user procedure provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how to update their veteran status via My UW Portal.

Process Considerations:

You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:


  1. Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in  Logging into the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal.

  2. Click the Personal Information tile.

  3. 92portalscreenshot.png

  4. Click on Update My Personal Information link.

    portal first page

  5. Select Veteran Status from the menu bar on the left.

    Select Veteran Status from menu of options

  6. Update the Self-Identification section and review the Reasonable Accommodation Notice.
    NOTE: To see definitions for veteran classifications, click the arrow next to Definitions

  7. Click the green Submit button at the bottom.
    NOTE: Depending upon the selection made, you may get a warning verifying that you would like to make the change, click OK.

    Click Submit
  8. Click OK to confirm submission.

    vs verify sumbit

  9. A green successful submission bar will appear briefly at the top of the page.

Additional Resources

Related KBs:

Get Help

  • Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Department or HERE for the UWSS IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with these instructions.