Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Finance
Running the Appointment Funding Total by Pay Period Report in HRS
OverviewYou can run an appointment funding Total by Pay Period Report for forecast planning purposes for employees with appointment level funding. The report is based on the funding effective date and shows an employee's pay periods, compensation amount per pay period, funding combination code, total dollar amount, and total funding distribution percent. The report also displays job-related data such as: job effective date, position number, FTE, Standard Hours, Pay Group, Pay Rate, Appointing Dept, Title, Employee Class, and Pay Basis. If an employee has a pay rate change during the fiscal year, the report displays this information and adjusts the totals accordingly.
- REPORT LIMITATIONS: This report is designed for employees with one pay group per fiscal year. If an employee has multiple pay groups in the same fiscal year, you will need to run the report separately for each pay group.
NOTE: The report is also known as the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report.
- PeopleSoft HRS Security Role Needed: FI Campus Funding One BU (to add or change funding for one campus)
Note: If you do not have HRS Security to view funding, you may run this report ad-hoc from the UW Financial Reports menu. Refer to Running the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report in HRS for detailed instructions.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- From the HRS Main Menu, use navigation path: Set Up HCM > Product Related > Commitment Accounting > Budget Information > Budget Funding Data Entry.
- Accessible from the Finance WorkCenter found at Payroll for North America>Payroll Distribution>Commitment Accounting USA>UW Finance WorkCenter. For more information about the WorkCenter, see KB Setting Up a WorkCenter in HRS .
- Find the employee on the Funding Data Entry, Find an Existing Value search page.
- Click Search.
- On the Funding Data Entry page:
- Verify that the intended employee and current fiscal year are shown.
- If you have made any funding changes for the employee, click Save before running the funding report.
- Note: Changes made on the Funding Data Entry page will NOT appear on the Total By Pay Period Report until the Funding Data Entry page is saved.
- To select report options for the employee, click the Total By Pay Period hyperlink, located on the lower left-hand side of the Funding Data Entry page.
- The Total by Period Report selection criteria page displays.
a. The Detailed Salary Funding Plan Request Parms (parameters) section displays the appointing Department, Employee ID, employee's Name, and Employee Record Number.
b. The Reporting Period Request Parms (parameters) section allows you to choose from three reporting period options: Summer Period, Fiscal Year, or Custom Date Range. The default reporting option is by Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30).
(1) For active employees with a Pay Basis of either Summer Session (e.g. Teaching) or Summer Service (e.g. Research/ Administrative), you can select Summer Period or Custom Date Range.
(2) To run the report for a specific period, select Custom Date Range; enter the Begin Date and End Date of a date range that is within the Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30).
To run the report with your selections, click Run Report.
The report will open in a new window.
- To see more information on reading and using the report see Running the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report in HRS
- Adding or Changing Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense in HRS
- Finance Report List in HRS
- Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus in HRS
- Running the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report in HRS
- Employee Classifications (Empl Class) in HRS
- HR Report List for HRS
- Viewing Employee Job Data Records in HRS
- Pay Group Descriptions in HRS
- Setting Up a WorkCenter in HRS