Running the Department Setup Verification Report in HRS
This user procedure describes the use and business need of the Department Setup Verification report. This report will help Campus and Division Payroll users identify organizational departments that have not been configured correctly to: a) Encumber or not encumber earnings, and b) Use suspense funding.
This report will be used to ensure accurate department setup configuration. The following department setup requirements will be validated. If any of the following four requirements is not set up according to the rules below, the department will be listed in the report output.
- This report will be scheduled to run during weekly batch
processing. The following procedure steps apply to ad hoc execution of
this report. This report may be run ad hoc at any time as it has no dependencies on other processing.
- This report will only list sub-departments (i.e. A011010) with setup issues, not divisions (i.e. A01) or departments (i.e. A0110). Entering "A01" in the Department parameter will generate a report of all sub-departments beginning with "A01..." that have at least one setup issue.
- This report assumes that all departments at all campuses will use Commitment Accounting, Encumbrances (except UWEAU & UWOSH), and Actuals Distribution. In actuality, individual departments may choose not to encumber. Such departments will appear on this report despite being configured correctly because they are an exception to the report logic. No action will be needed for departments appearing on this report with "N" under Encumbrances that have elected not to encumber, (except UWEAU & UWOSH), but no action is needed.
- Before contacting the UWSS Service Operations to request changes to configuration, please confirm with a Division or Department administrator if the department in question has elected to encumber earnings or not.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Navigate to UW Financial Reports > Department Setup Verification.
- Select an existing Run Control ID, or click the "Add a New Value" tab to create and save a new Run Control ID. See KB Setting Up Run Control IDs in HRS
- In the Dept ID prompt, enter a partial or full Dept ID, or leave blank to run for all organizational departments. Use the spyglass lookup icon as needed to view a list of Dept IDs and descriptions.
- Select the Run button to save the Run Control ID and advance to the Process Scheduler Request page.
- Verify that the Select check box is marked and that the Process Name displays UWFIR005. The Type and Format default to Web and PDF, respectively. If needed, update these fields as required.
- Select the OK button to initiate the process.
- Use Process Monitor and View Trace/Log to monitor and view results, see KB Viewing the Process Monitor in HRS .
- From the File List section in the middle of the View Log/Trace page, select the hyperlink with the .PDF filename suffix.
- The PDF report may be viewed in your browser and/or saved to your hard drive.
Click here for sample PDF output.
- For Departments listed on the report where "N" appears under the Commitment Acctg and/or Actuals Distribution columns:
- Contact the UWSS Service Operations to request a correction to the department configuration. All departments will be set up with the Use Comm. Acctg/Budgeting and Use Actuals Distribution check boxes marked.
- For Departments listed on the report where "N" appears under the Suspense Funding column.
- Contact the UWSS Service Operations to request that suspense funding is set up for the department in question.
- In the Encumbrance column, "Y" indicates the department is set up to encumber "N" indicates the department will not encumber.
- If this value is incorrect contact the UWSS Service Operations.
Additional ResourcesRelated KBs:
To the top
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services or HERE for the Office of Technology Services (OTS) Helpdesk if you have any issues with these instructions.