Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Processing the Savings Tax Class Audit WED Report in HRS
OverviewThe Savings Tax Class Audit Report is an error report created to identify Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA), Roth TSA, and Wisconsin Deferred Compensation Savings Plan entry errors that have occurred in HRS.
- Employees can elect to enroll into a UW Tax-Sheltered Annuity (TSA) 403(b) plan before-tax or after-tax (Roth) at anytime by submitting a Salary Reduction Agreement.
- Benefit Administrators may make election entry errors by incorrectly entering a contribution into the wrong tax class for TSA pre-tax or TSA Roth after-tax plans. Benefit Administrators should verify which plan the employee is electing to contribute and correct the plan election or correct the election amount in the appropriate before/after tax contribution box.
- The incorrect tax class election prevents the TSA payroll deduction from occurring. When correcting this error, institution Benefit Administrators will need to follow up to determine if the employee wants to increase their per paycheck contribution amount to make up for any missed deductions as these plans will not generate Benefits Retro or Arrears.
- Once an employee is enrolled in a TSA pre-tax or TSA Roth after-tax Benefit Plan, they can use Self-Service to make contribution changes at anytime. Self-Service page edits will prevent the employees
from incorrectly entering a before-tax contribution amount for Roth
plans or vice versa.
- This audit report also identifies employees with tax class errors for WDC and WDC Roth plans. Please note that ALL enrollments and changes for Wisconsin Deferred Compensation
(WDC) or WDC Roth must be made by the UWSS Service Operations. In the event an error is identified for this plan, please open a ticket and assign it to the UWSC.
1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix.
2. Click on the UW_BN_SAVINGS_TAX_AUDIT query hyperlink in the Workflow Exception Dashboard (WED).
A current list of employees who are enrolled in a TSA, TSA Roth, or WDC plan(s) with a contribution amount/percentage in the incorrect tax class.
This list will be refreshed each evening. (Note: Empl_ID's that appear
as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error.)
4. Click the 'Check to Claim' checkbox next to the person you wish to work with and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
5. Click the SAVINGS_PLANS1 hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
6. The employee's Savings Plans enrollment pages will be displayed. You may need to click on the arrow button to navigate between Saving Plan Type enrollments to identify which Savings Plan enrollment with the incorrect tax class election.
7. You will need to correct the Plan Type enrollment or tax class election by Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table in HRS and Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS using an SAV event or Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS an existing SAV event. Click the "New Window" hyperlink in the top right corner of your screen to open a second window to correct this data.
IMPORTANT! ALL enrollments and changes for Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC) or Roth WDC are handled by the UWSC. If the employee's error is for WDC or the WDC Roth Benefit Plan, Benefit Administrators must open a ticket to the UWSC to correct the error.
- Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table in HRS
- Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid in HRS
- Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Review Benefit Enrollments in HRS