2. To create a new Run Control ID, click the Add a New Value tab.
3. Type the name of your chosen Run Control ID in the field.
Note: Run Control IDs can be any set of alphanumeric characters. You can have a Run Control ID specific to each process or report you run, or you can run all reports and processes using the same Run Control ID. (To avoid any possible conflicts associated with some special characters, do not use characters such as apostrophes, dollar signs, dashes, commas, etc.)
4. Click the Add Button to add your Run Control ID name.
5. If there are any report or process parameters that need to be specified prior to running the process or report, a pop up screen will open allowing you to choose the appropriate parameters for your report or process. You can now click the Run button to run your report or process.
6. The Run Control ID with those specifications have now been saved. This will allow you to search for the saved Run Control ID using the Find an Existing Value tab.
7. Navigate back to the report menu and now click on Find an Existing Value.
8. You can either enter your Run Control ID in the Search box, or click the Search button to search for your value.
9. If you clicked the Search button, you should see a list of all existing Run Control ID's that you have previously set up.
10. Locate and click on the name (hyperlink) of your Run Control ID. The Run Control ID page will open up and the parameters you had previously set for this report will still be listed. You can then choose to run the report with the values as listed - or change any parameter. If you change a parameter and want the system to remember your new parameters, simply save the Run Control ID again.
11. Once you have run your process or report, to monitor the progress of your report, click on the Process Monitor Hyperlink. For more information about the Process Monitor, reference Viewing the Process Monitor in HRS .