4. There can only be one ADM, SAV, or UIA Event for an Effective Date. If you've added an Event with the same Effective Date or one with an incorrect Effective Date, you will need to delete it from the On Demand screen. To delete an Event, click the Show Activities button to display all pending Events.
5. The BAS Activity screen will be displayed. Click the minus (-) sign next to the Event you wish to delete.
6. A pop up box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the Event. Click the OK button.
7. The screen will show that the Event has been deleted. Click the OK button to continue.
8. You will be returned to the employee's main On Demand Event Maintenance screen. You must click the Save button for the Event to be deleted.
Note that the main screen still shows this Event as pending even after clicking the Save button. The Event will no longer display the next time you access this employee's On Demand Event Maintenance screen. You can verify this immediately by exiting the screen and re-entering the On Demand screen.
4. Locate the Event that should not have been used for an enrollment. It's important to Void the Event so subsequent Events will not be held up from processing through Ben Admin.
5. In the employee's On Demand Event Maintenance Screen, set the Process Indicator to a value of Void and leave the Event Status to Open. Click the OK button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
6. Click the Reprocess button on the On Demand Event Maintenance screen.
7. A pop up message will appear indicating that the process was successful. Click the OK button to continue.
8. Click on the Event Status button to return to the employees On Demand list.
9. Note that the Event is now voided and BenAdmin will ignore the Event.
WARNING: Benefit eligible employees who are termed and rehired on the same day (and the Term Event is not voided the day of the termination) will need an ADM Event to reinstate benefits. Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS