Enroll Self-service Account Recovery Options in Okta
Overview:This guide shows you how to setup secondary authenticators in Okta to allow for self-service account recovery in the event of being locked out or a forgotten password.
- You will need to access your Okta Dashboard
- Log in to the Okta Dashboard:
Log on URL Matrix If your email ends in... Login URL
https://myapps.wisconsin.edu/ @uwsa.edu https://myapps.uwsa.edu/
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the Okta Dashboard.
- In the drop-down menu, select "Settings"
- Enroll one or more of the below recovery options:
Secondary email address:
- Under "Personal Information" click "Edit"
- In the box next to "Secondary Email" enter your alternate email address.
- Click on "Save" at the bottom of the "Personal Information" section.
- Scroll down to "Security Methods"
- To the right of "Phone" click on "Set up"
- Click on "Set up" to begin enrolling your phone, you will be forced to re-authenticate before proceeding.
- Select "SMS" or "Voice Call" to receive a code either through an audio call or text message.
- Enter the code when prompted
- Your phone will now show in your "Security Methods"