Database Tools - SQL Developer Password Change Steps with Exadata
How to change a database account passwords using the SQL Developer database application
- Please contact your local campus IT department if you require any assistance with connecting to your database.
- If you don't have SQL Developer follow the instructions below to download and install
Click on the links below to skip directly to a section:
Download and install SQL Developer
- You can download SQL Developer from here - https://www.oracle.com/tools/downloads/sqldev-downloads-2141.html
- If this is the first time you have visited the Oracle website, you'll need to create an account - (It's free)
- (Note - The account is not managed by UW, this is an Oracle commercial account)
- Choose the 1st option from the downloaded site - Windows 64-bit with JDK 8 included
- Accept the license and the zip file will download.
- When the download completes, unzip the file to a new directory on your pc – such as C:\temp\sql_developer
- Double-click the file ‘sqldeveloper.exe’ in the newly created folder and the app will start up
To the top
Create a New Connection and Change Password
- With SQL Developer open, upper left-hand corner – select arrow next to the ‘+’ sign – New Database Connection
- A window will open, now you can define the connection – enter the values:
- Hostname = crc-scan1.doit.wisc.edu
- Database name = uwsprd_pdb_srv.doit.wisc.edu
- Click on Save to save the connection and close the window.
- Right-click on the connection you just created and select ‘Reset Password’.
- The New Password windows will open and you can update your password and click OK when finished.
- You can close the SQL Developer application and use the new password immediately.