Add or remove members from the distribution list
Overview:Modify distribution list members
- Modify distribution list members in Outlook 2016 for Windows
Distribution list is a collection of contacts with allows you to email multiple people within a group.
You can only add or remove members in Outlook 2016, to change any other settings you will need to log into Outlook Web Access (OWA).
1. Select the Home tab and click on the Address Book.
2. In the Search section enter the display name of your central distribution list. E.g. +departmentname.distibutionlistname
3. Double click on the distribution list or right click and the select Properties. The details of the central distribution list will be displayed in a new window.
4. Click on the Modify Members… button
To add members
1. Click Add… and then search for the name or user ID of the person you want to add.
2. Once you have found the person you want to add either double click on their name or highlight the name and click Add.
Note: You can add more than one person at once by then searching for another name and following the previous two steps.
3. Once you have the people in your list that you want to add click the OK button.
4. You should then see them on the list. Click OK.
To Remove Members
1. Search through the list for the person you want to remove. Highlight their name.
2. Click on the Remove button.
3. Click OK.