Initiating Sexual Harassment Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks for Direct Hires
How to initiate a Sexual Harassment Reference Check (SHRC) and Criminal Background Check (CBC) for applicants who are not hired through TAM (Talent Acquisition Manager) at campuses that utilize TAM.
- WARNING: This process should only be used for applicants hired as 'direct hires'; those not hired through TAM (Talent Acquisition Manager). Applicants hired through TAM should follow Initiating a Criminal Background Check and Sexual Harassment Reference Check in TAM .
- The Sexual Harassment Reference Check may be completed for any employee type, required or not.
- Sexual Harassment Reference Checks (SHRC) are requested through BP Logix.
- Completed SHRC documentation is stored in BP Logix.
- Criminal Background Reference Checks (CBC) are requested through HireRight.
- Information gathered with the manual entry requests in HireRight must be manually entered into HRS.
Initiate Sexual Harassment Reference Check
- Navigate to BP Logix > SHRC Campus View dashboard.
- Click New SHRC Form link in the upper left.
- Select the Campus from the drop down.
- Enter the applicant's First and Last Name.
- Enter the applicant's Email Address.
- Click Submit.
- An email is sent to the applicant to begin the SHRC process.
Resubmit an Expired SHRC Request
NOTE: If an applicant doesn't complete the SHRC request within 5 business days the request will expire and the form is no longer accessible. An expired request can be resubmitted or cancelled.
- Access the request using the link in the email sent to the requestor or from the Tasks section on the BP Logix dashboard.
- Restart-Send to Applicant to send a new email and restart the completion deadline.
- Cancel SHRC to terminate the request.
Sexual Harassment Reference Check Dashboard
- The dashboard is broken up into three different sections:
- SHRC Tasks - Institution forms that require additional attention and are assigned to you.
- SHRC Campus Active Process Forms - Institution forms that are in process but not yet completed or cancelled.
- SHRC Campus All Forms - All institution forms including those in progress, completed and cancelled.
NOTE: The filters at the top of this section can be used to limit results shown.
- SHRC Status
- Submitted - the form was manually entered and waiting for UWSS verification prior sending the email to the applicant.
- Applicant Consent - applicant was contacted but no reply, yet.
- Applicant Replied - applicant has completed the form and indicated a private employer, email verification must occur at UWSS prior to the email being sent.
- Current/Previous Employer - applicant has completed the form and indicated a private employer, email verification must occur at UWSS prior to the email being sent.
- Complete - form has gone through completion (current/previous employer either replied or the request for them has expired).
- Cancelled - form was cancelled by institution after applicant did not reply within 5 business days.
- Needs Review - a 'yes' was answered to one of the SHRC questions. The institution reviewer has been contacted to review and make final decision.
NOTE: Forms in this status will appear in the SHRC Task items section for institution reviewers.
- Applicant Expired - an applicant failed to respond within five business days and institution has been contacted to request continued attempts or cancel request.
NOTE: Forms in this status will appear in the SHRC Task items section.
Initiate Criminal Background Check
- Navigate to HireRight.
- Click New Order.
- Select the correct Campus User group.
- Review the shown job location, if it does not show the location of the main campus, click Select and select the Institution.
NOTE: If the correct location is not available on the list, contact Shared Services do not add locations yourself.
- Click Next.
- Select the Package from the Select Packages drop down list.
NOTE: The most common package is 1 - Regents Standard Package, but all packages are compliant per the UW Policy.
- Click Next.
- On the Define Order page, click the radio button for Email applicant information.
NOTE: To enter information on behalf of the employee, click the Complete background forms myself radio button and enter the applicant's information on the next screen.
- Enter the Applicant Information (First Name, Last Name, Email address).
- Enter the Campus.
- Enter the Department.
NOTE: Department field is free text and can be identified based upon the institution's preference.
- Enter the Funding (optional) to further identify institution funding.
NOTE: Empl ID, Empl Record number and profile sequence should not be entered.
- Click Next.
- Invitation Sent! message will appear, and an email is sent to the applicant.
Resubmit an Expired CBC Request
: If an applicant doesn't complete the CBC request within 5 business days the request will expire and the form is no longer accessible. An expired request can be resubmitted or cancelled.
- Access the Screening Manager dashboard in HireRight.
- Right click on the request.
- Resend to send a new email and restart the completion deadline.
- Cancel to terminate the request.
Additional ResourcesRelated KBs:Related Links: