Legacy UW Colleges and UW Extension Password Self-Service
OverviewTo access some resources it will be necessary to utilize a legacy UWCX account. The following document provides information and instruction on managing the password for these legacy IDs.
- Passwords expire every 180 days.
- Passwords must be at least eight (8) characters long containing one lowercase character, one uppercase character, one numerical character, and one special character.
- You will begin to receive email reminders starting 10 days before your password expires. You can also log in to the Self Service Password Portal and see your password expiration date.
- Using a web browser on your computer, go to: https://selfservice.uwex.uwc.edu.
- Log in using your legacy UWCX network username and password.
- Click "Continue" to set up your challenge answers recovery option or click "Skip" if you do not want to set up this option.
If you choose to continue, three questions and answers are required. These are encrypted, the helpdesk is unable to read your answers.
- Choose weather to enroll your mobile phone as a recover option or skip. Enrolling your mobile phone allows you to authenticate to recover your password using a code sent via text messaging.
Enter the one-time code sent to your mobile device and click on "Continue Logging In" to proceed.
- Choose weather to enroll your e-mail address. Enrolling your e-mail address allows you to authenticate to recover your password using a code sent via e-mail message.
Enter the one-time code sent to your e-mail and click on "Continue Logging In" to proceed.
Change the password on your legacy account
- In a web browser open https://selfservice.uwex.uwc.edu/.
- Provide your username and password to log in and click the "Change Now" link.