Topics Map > Applications & Software > Document Management & Collaboration
Transferring Files Between Accounts in OneDrive
OverviewThis document provides instructions on how to transfer files from an old OneDrive account to another OneDrive account.
- Navigate to https://office.com in two different browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari) or an incognito window of a browser, and sign in with each account’s credentials.
- Once signed in, choose the "OneDrive" tile. Then, click on the "Sync" button in the top ribbon.
- Once the sync is completed, open both OneDrive accounts in two File Explorer (or Finder on Mac computers) windows. You can do this by right-clicking on the OneDrive path and selecting "Open in new window".
- Copy and paste folders from your closing OneDrive account into the OneDrive account you will have access to in the future. This may take some time, so it is recommended that you move files over in smaller batches to avoid missing files and slowing down your computer.
- Once all of your needed files are transferred, you can remove your old OneDrive account from File Explorer by right-clicking on the path and choosing "Settings". Then, click "Unlink this PC". On a Mac, you can right-click on the old OneDrive account and choose "Remove From Sidebar".