Topics Map > Technology Requests and Hardware > Printers
Add a Printer in Windows 10
OverviewThis document provides instructions on how to add a printer in Microsoft Windows operating system. After the printer has been added, the printer will be available to use.
Instructions for Adding a Printer
- Open the Start Menu and type 'Printers'
- Click the first result and then click 'Add a Printer or Scanner'
- At the bottom of the list click 'The printer that I want isn't listed'
- In the pop-up choose 'Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature'
- On the next screen, choose your domain to find the needed printer.
- uwsa.edu - Van Hise and 780 RGT Printers
- uwsads.wisconsin.edu - 780 RGT and 660 WW Printers
- Double click on the printer you want and install.
- If the above instructions do not work, or if it prompts you for admin access. Please reach out to the Help Desk.