Topics Map > Applications & Software > Email and Calendaring
Accessing Office 365 E-Mail
OVERVIEW:The preferred methods for connecting to Office 365 are the Outlook Web Application with a web browser and the Microsoft Outlook clients for Windows and Mac OS. These methods deliver the best level of functionality with the Office 365 services.
- IT does not provide support for accessing email on personal devices. This includes phones, personal computers, tablets, etc. not issued by Information Technology.
- UW-Madison researched client functionality extensively and published a detailed 'grid' of client compatibility and functionality. Find that document here, in the DoIT Knowledgebase (link opens in new tab).
Instructions for Web Browser Access
You can connect to Office 365 from any internet connected computer:
- Open your preferred browser and go to https://www.office.com/.
- Complete the login using your full e-mail address as your username.
- Email address or Username: your email, ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your password
- Incoming mail server: outlook.office365.com
- Follow Microsoft's instructions for configuring Outlook for Android app Outlook for android.
- Follow Microsoft's instructions for configuring Outlook for iOS app Outfook for iOS.