Register for Password Self-Service
Register for password self-service in order to have the ability to reset your password or unlock your account without the need to submit a ticket to the IT helpdesk.
- It is strongly recommended that if you choose phone or e-mail as your recovery method you use a non-UW phone or e-mail address to ensure you have access in the event you are locked out of your UW account.
- After clicking the Register link, you will be prompted to enter your email address.
- When you continue to the next page after entering your email address, you will be presented with a choice between three Authentication Methods:
You will be asked to input a phone number. This number is necessary in order for you to receive a verification code via text message or voice message (you choose whether or not you prefer a text or a call). We strongly recommend you not use an office phone for the phone verification method. If you are away from your desk, it would not be difficult for someone attempting to hack into your account to answer your phone, input the verification code, and change your password–all without having access to any information other than your email address.
Once you provide your phone number and receive your verification code, input the code and click verify.
You will be asked to provide a non-UWSA/UWSS email address in order to receive a verification code.
Once you provide your e-mail information and receive your verification code, input the code and click verify.
You will select and provide answers to five security questions.
Click save answers when you have selected and answered all five prompts.
If you utilize this authentication method, you will only be presented with three of the five total prompts where Office 365 wishes to verify your identity.
You are only required to set up one method for identity verification; however, setting up additional methods will strengthen the security of your account.
- Begin the process to register for password self-service here: Register for Password Self-Service
Related Links (Remove this section if there are no related links)
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Department or HERE for the UWSS IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with these instructions.