Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Adding or Maintaining a Person of Interest (POI) Criminal Background and Position of Trust Checklist
OverviewA Person of Interest are individuals who have an affiliation with a UW institution but are not considered employees, are not paid, and do not need reimbursement of expenses by the institution. These may include consultants, emeritus faculty, Non-UW Time Approvers for Time and Labor (T&L), Non-UW Interviewers, or other individuals requiring an affiliation with a UW institution other than employer-employee. For certain types of POIs, a Criminal Background Check is required. This document explains how to add a Criminal Background Check checklist to these Persons of Interest to keep track of who has had a Criminal Background Check completed and when/if the next one is required.
- Persons of Interest will already exist in HRS, if they do not, see the following user procedure: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/15636 to get them added to HRS.
- This will be only used for Person of Interest Criminal Background Checks. Use the following procedure to add Criminal Background Checks to Employees: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/29841
Create the Person Checklist
- Navigation: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Organizational Relationships > Person Checklist
- Open the record for the correct employee ID.
- Enter the Completion Date in the Checklist Date field.
- Enter UWPOI in the Checklist field
- Enter the Checklist Item Codeappropriate for the type of renewal (X = Campus Letter):
- UWXBCN = Background Check & Position of Trust - Non-Renewal
- UWXBC2 = Background Check & Position of Trust - 2-year Renewal
- UWXBC4 = Background Check & Position of Trust - 4-year Renewal
NOTE: You can either click on the Magnifying Glass or enter the code in.
- Change the Status to Complete
- Enter the date of completion in the Status Date field.
WARNING: The date must be updated after the Status is entered or the date will default back to the current date.
- Click Save.
Update the Person Checklist
NOTE: A new row must be added each time the Person Checklist has an update, including a status, rehire or transfer.
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Organizational Relationships > Person Checklist
Open the record for the correct employee ID.
Click the plus sign to add an Person Checklist.
Review the Checklist Date and update if needed.
NOTE: The current row and prior row can not have the same date.
Enter UWPOI in the Checklist field
NOTE: All data from the previous checklist row ill put forward.
Make updates to item Status and Dates.
To add a new checklist item:
* Click the plus sign at the end of the current row.
* Click the magnifying glass in the Checklist Item Code
* Select the correct Checklist Item Code
- Using the Person Checklist to Record Dates
- Adding or Maintaining a Person of Interest (POI) in HRS
- Adding a Person of Interest (POI) Relationship in HRS
- Campus Codes Used in Location / Appointing Department / Academic or Summer Pay Groups in HRS