Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Payroll
Refunding Benefits Using an Off-Cycle Payroll in HRS
OverviewWhen an employee does not have a correct deduction taken from his or her check and can't wait until the next on-cycle payroll you can request a benefit refund off-cycle. This should only be done in a case of hardship.
- On-cycle refunds should always be done if the employee can wait until the next payroll is processed. To do a benefit refund on-cycle see KB # Creating a Benefits Payline Adjustment in HRS . This DOES NOT apply to TSA or WDC deductions. They must be done off-cycle as the file created doesn't process negative amounts (refunds) on-cycle.
- Only UWSS Service Operations staff has access to the Benefit Refund Form therefore you will need to open a ticket to initiate a refund.
- Benefit refunds will follow the same guidelines as other off-cycle processing.
- Requests must be received by noon Tuesday to be processed on Wednesday.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Send an email to UW Shared Services. Please include the following information.
- Name of employee
- Empl ID of employee
- Benefit code
- Amount of refund
- Pay Run the error occurred on
- A ticket will be set up with the benefit refund form attached.
- The ticket will be forwarded to the payroll team and will be processed.
- You will be notified when the off-cycle payment has been processed.
Warning! Watch for any benefits retro that may be created on-cycle so a duplicate refund isn't done.