Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Running the HRS to CAT Compare Report in CAT
OverviewThe HRS to CAT Compare Report identifies employee records where key fields differ between the CAT and HRS and is intended to catch fields like: Business Unit / Department change, Position Number change, Compensation Rate change, Employee Class change, Title change, Job Code change, and/or an FTE change. Employee records for which a title has been entered in the planned title field that does not match the HRS title for that CAT record (though often these are intentional) will be pulled. This report will also capture terminations.
For each record that appears on this report with a discrepancy, the user should review that employee record in the CAT and determine if the rate increases need to be altered based on the new job data information that was entered in HRS.
When the HRS to CAT Job Data Feed is ON
- There is an automatic nightly process that pushes the values for all key fields on each CAT record from HRS to the CAT. This same process is run when you open up an existing CAT record. Thus, whenever a user accesses a CAT record, they will see the most recent values for all key fields from HRS. This also means that the majority of the changes listed above (with the exception of Position Number changes and Terminations) will not appear on the report while the feed is on.
- Based on the cycle of the process that updates the CAT fields with HRS values, it is best practice to run this report in the morning, when all job changes in HRS have been pushed to the CAT. If the report is run later in the day, and job changes have been made in HRS earlier that day, records will appear on this report as if they have discrepant fields, because the auto update process has not been run yet. To remove these fields from the report, simply visit that employee record in the CAT.
- Thus, for each record that appears on this report with a discrepancy that is NOT a position number discrepancy or termination, the user should simply visit that employee record in the CAT to update the discrepant field and remove the employee record from the report.
When the HRS to CAT Job Data Feed is OFF
- When the automatic nightly process that pushes the values for key fields from HRS to the CAT is turned off, more employee records will appear on this report with discrepant fields. For each record that appears on this report with a discrepancy, the user should review that employee record in the CAT and determine if the rate increases need to be altered based on the new job data information that was entered in HRS.
HRS navigation: Workforce Administration > UW External HR Systems > Compensation Admin Tool > CAT Reports > HRS to CAT Compare Report.
Click Search under Find an Existing Value tab to select a previously created Run Control ID, or create a new Run Control ID by selecting Add a New Value. To create a new Run Control ID, enter a unique identifier (e.g., initials_date, etc.) into the Run Control ID box and select Add.
- NOTE: The Run Control ID is used to set the report parameters. Users can create one ID and use it to run multiple processes and reports, or create a new ID for each process or report. See Setting Up Run Control IDs in HRS for more information.
Enter parameters to define criteria for the HRS to CAT Compare Report:
Select the upcoming Fiscal Year used for CAT budgeting planning purposes. This field will default to the latest Fiscal Year setup in the CAT.
Select the Effective Date of the CAT you wish to compare against in HRS. This field will default to the current date. In order to accurately check for discrepancies, users should enter the first date of the upcoming Fiscal Year (ex: 7/1, 8/28).
Select a Business Unit
If desired, select a Division
If desired, select a Department
- If available, the Department field will become editable when the user selects a Division from the search tool or enters one manually and presses the tab key to leave the field.
Click Select Values in the Employee Class box if you wish to exclude certain employee classes from the report. The default is for all Employee Classes to be included. Employee Classes that are not included in the CAT will not pull onto CAT reports.
Click Save in the bottom left to save the parameters for the report.
Click Run in the top right to run the report.
4. User will be automatically directed to the Process Scheduler Request page. From this page, select OK.
5. Note the Process Instance number under the Process Monitor link. This designates the specific instance of the report run.
6. Click the Process Monitor hyperlink at the top right of the window.
7. Search for your Process Instance number under the Process List, which will indicate the status of the report generation. When the report is complete, the Run Status should equal "Success," and the Distribution Status should equal "Posted."
- If Run Status is "Queued," it indicates that the report generation is waiting to start.
- If Run Status is "Blocked," it indicates that another report or process is currently running. Do not resubmit your report. It will be queued once the other report or process has completed.
- If Run Status is "Processing," it indicates that the report is being generated.
8. Once the Run Status is equal to "Success" and the Distribution Status is "Posted," download the output.
Click the View Log/Trace hyperlink at the bottom right of the window.
Under the file list, click the file with the xls extension to download the output. NOTE: You may have two .xls outputs if you have any additional splits.
When opening the file, if an error message appears indicating that "the file you are trying to open....is in a different format than specified by the file extension" click Yes.
Note that different internet browsers may have different opening processes.
9. Review the report:
The report will appear as follows:
- One row per Empl_ID / Empl_Rcd combination is displayed
- If the two fields are the same between HRS and CAT, they will appear blank
- If a change is due to a termination, only CAT columns will populate
- If a change is due to a hire, only HRS columns will populate
A description of the different header fields is displayed in Table 1 below.
Action items based on the report output are presented in Table 2 below.
Table 1: Output Header Fields
|Run Control ID||The Run Control identification used when the report was created|
|Run Date||The date the report was created|
|Fiscal Year||The Fiscal Year of the CAT you wish to compare against HRS|
|Effective Date||The Effective Date of the CAT you wish to compare against HRS|
|Division||The Division (if any) selected in the Run Control|
|Department||The Department (if any) selected in the Run Control|
|Process Instance||The unique number assigned by PeopleSoft for each report|
|Run By||The unique ID for the user who ran the report|
|Business Unit||The institution code selected in the Run Control|
|Employee Class||The Employee Class(es) included on the Run Control|
|Planned Fiscal Year||The upcoming Fiscal Year that is active in the CAT|
|Employee ID||The unique Employee ID number of the Employee Record from HRS|
|Employee Record||The Employee Record Number from HRS|
|Name||The first and last names of the Employee Record from HRS|
|Continuity Code||The Continuity Code (duration of position/job) of the Employee Record in HRS|
|Expected End Date||The Expected Job End Date from Job Data of the Employee Record from HRS (if applicable)|
|CAT Employee Class||The Employee Class for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS Employee Class||The Employee Class for the Employee Record from HRS|
|CAT Business Unit||The Business Unit for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS Business Unit||The Business Unit for the Employee Record from HRS|
|CAT Home Department||The Home Department for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS Home Department|| The Home Department for the Employee Record from HRS
|CAT Position Number||The Position Number for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS Position Number|| The Position Number for the Employee Record from HRS
|CAT Job Code||The Job Code for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS Job Code|| The Job Code for the Employee Record from HRS
|CAT Job Title||The Job Title for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS Job Title|| The Job Title for the Employee Record from HRS
|CAT Pay Basis||The Pay Basis for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS Pay Basis|| The Pay Basis for the Employee Record from HRS
|CAT FTE||The FTE for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS FTE|| The FTE for the Employee Record from HRS
|CAT Comprate||The Comprate for the Employee Record from CAT|
|HRS Comprate|| The Comprate for the Employee Record from HRS
|Employee Terminated?|| Yes if the employee has been terminated (appears in CAT and not HRS)
No if the employee has not been terminated (appears both in the CAT and HRS)
Table 2: Action Items Based on HRS Feed Status
|HRS FEED STATUS||JOB CHANGES IN HRS THAT OCCURRED||ACTION ITEM|
|OFF||Employee Terminated||Delete from CAT|
|OFF||Transfer / Position # Change||Delete and Re-Add to CAT|
|OFF||Title Change||Review and Potentially Edit Comp Increases|
|OFF||Comprate Change||Review and Potentially Edit Comp Increases|
|OFF||New Hire||Potentially Add to CAT|
|OFF||FTE, EJED Change||Potentially Edit Planned FTE or Remove from CAT|
|ON||Employee Terminated||Delete fron CAT|
|ON||Transfer / Position # Change||Delete and Re-Add to CAT|
- Running the Audit Log Report in CAT
- Running the BSUM  in CAT
- Compensation Administration Tool (CAT) 1.0 End to End Business Process
- Compensation Administration Tool 1.1 New Hires Business Process in CAT
- Compensation Administrative Tool 1.2 Terminations Business Process in CAT
- Compensation Administration Tool 1.3 Transfer Business Process in CAT
- Compensation Administrative Tool and Additional Adjustments Pages in CAT
- Running the HRS Change Report in CAT
- Running the Initialization Report for CAT
- Institutional Planning Spreadsheet in CAT
- Running the Institutional Planning Spreadsheet to CAT [Edit and Overwrite]
- Running the IPS Upload to Additional Adjustments Pages (AAP) for CAT
- Running the IPS Upload to CAT (Append) and Additional Adjustments Page
- Running the Missing From CAT Report
- Running the Position Report in CAT
- Running the Record Errors Report in CAT
- Viewing the Summary Reporting Page in CAT
- Running the Under Min / Over Max Report in CAT
- HR Report List for HRS
- Finance Report List in HRS
- Setting Up Run Control IDs in HRS