Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Talent Acquisition Management
Troubleshooting Job Posting Not Showing in TAM
OverviewIf a job posting is not displaying on Candidate Gateway or Self Service Careers, there are a few things to check to ensure that the job posting is set up correctly.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Navigate to your Job Opening: Recruiting > Search Job Openings.
Alternative: Recruiters can navigate to the job opening from the the Recruiting Home dashboard using Quick Links or via the My Job Openings pagelet.
Enter the search criteria to search for the Job Opening.
- Click the Job Opening hyperlink of the job to troubleshoot.
- Select the Details tab on Manage Job Opening.
- Click on the Job Postings hyperlink.
- Click on the blue hyperlink for the titled Job Postings within the Job Postings section.
- Review the Job Postings Destination section.
- The Destination and Posting Type indicates where the recruitment will be posted and must be correct in order to reach the targeted audience.
- If these fields are not correctly populated then your recruitment may not post.
- For example, if your institution wants a job posting to be visible in Candidate Gateway for external applicants to view, then External - All Jobs must be selected from the Destinations drop-down menu and External must be selected for the Posting Type. This will ensure it can be viewed by new applicants.
- The same premise applies for a job posting to be visible for internal applicants (all active UW employees). UW Self Service Careers must be selected from the Destination drop-down menu and Internal must be selected for the Posting Type. Reference the table below for the correct Destinations and Posting Types for each option.
- For the job posting to be visible for internal applicants only for your institution (employees employed by your campus only), then UW-(Institution Name) Employees Only must be selected from the Destination drop-down menu and Internal must be selected for the Posting Type. I.e. UW-Stout Employees Only. If a job is only available to your institution's active employees, External-All Jobs and UW Self Service Careers should not be entered at all.
- Check the Relative Open Date field for each of the Destination Types. It is best practice to use the Approve Date.
- Click the drop-down list and choose On Approve Date. When the Job Opening/or Requisition is approved, the posting will be automatically created and posted by the system. The number of days in the Posting Duration are "X days" after the approval date.
- The posting will be removed from Candidate Gateway and Self Service Careers at 12:15am on the date indicated in the Remove Date field. To allow an applicant to apply through a specific date, the Remove Date should equal that specific date plus one day.
- NOTE: A batch process is scheduled on a hourly basis around 15 minutes past the hour which sends the new postings to Candidate Gateway and Self Service Careers when the correct Destinations and Posting Types are selected.
NOTE: Posting Destination External - All Jobs posts jobs to Candidate Gateway and the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Job Center website: jobcenterofwisconsin.com. The WI DWD Job Center interfaces with the following organizations:
- America's Job Exchange
- USNLx.com by the National Labor Exchange (aka DirectEmployers)
- DirectEmployers interfaces with many organizations. Please see their Trusted Partners list for additional details.
Since the UW does no interface directly with these organizations, we do not have control over where and when they appear on each organization's website.
HigherEdJobs.com Jobs Not Appearing
- Creating Job Opening(s) in TAM
- TAM - FAQ - Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM)
- Manual Process for Security Provisioning Hiring Manager and TA Coordinators in TAM
- TAM Report List
- Searching for Job Opening or By Application in TAM
- TAM - Security Role Matrix
- HR Report List for HRS