Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Searching for a Person using Social Security Number in HRS
OverviewThis guide will walk you through the steps of searching for a person by their National ID number (can also be UW Reporting ID, ITIN, etc.) in HRS.
- Before creating any new person in HRS, you must search HRS to ensure the person is unique/new to the system and does not already have an Empl ID. The steps found at Searching for Existing Person in HRS searches all employment records, including UW's legacy system. The Search by National ID page described below only searches records added since HRS go-live in April, 2011.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- From the HRS NavBar, go to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Biographical > Search by National ID.
- In the National ID field, type the National ID (Social Security Number/SSN) for the person you are searching for. Dashes are optional.
- Click the ">>" button to search.
- If a match is found, the National ID, Empl ID and Name will be displayed.