Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration > HR Learning Path
The Compensation Tab in HRS
OverviewWhen hiring, rehiring, transferring or changing an employee's pay rate, the compensation tab should be updated by executing a sequence of seven (7) steps, in the Procedure Steps order below.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Click the Default Pay Components button. This will default the Rate Code and the bottom Frequency, when the employee is initially hired. For FAASLI employees, this also ensures the top compensation rate is calculated correctly based on FTE by ensuring the Apply FTE checkbox is checked on the Conversion tab.
- Verify the Rate Code is appropriate for the employee's Pay Basis (reference Comp Rate Frequency in HRS ).
- Enter the Comp Rate.
- Verify that the bottom Frequency populated correctly (reference Comp Rate Frequency in HRS ).
- Verify or edit the top Frequency. The top Frequency will populate correctly for employees with a Rate Code of NAHRLY, however all employees with a Rate Code of NAANNL will need to be changed to either 9B or B based upon the employee's Pay Basis. (reference Comp Rate Frequency in HRS ).
- Click the Calculate Compensation button.
- Verify the Compensation Rate in the top Compensation section is correct.