Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration > BN Learning Path
Running the Review Paycheck Query in HRS
OverviewBenefit Administrators will encounter situations where they will need to reconcile employee deductions. The Review Paycheck Query was created to allow users to view all deductions.
- Report will display deductions taking on the current calculated payroll.
1. Navigate to: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
3. You are shown the Search Results below. If you had done a partial search, multiple queries may appear in the list. If you searched for the specific query you are looking for, you should only see that value below. To view the query, click the link for Excel.
4. Once you click on the Excel link, a new page will open. On that page, you will enter into the Emplid field.
5. Open the query using Microsoft Excel and click OK or Open depending on your internet browser.
Below is an example of Mozilla Firefox.
Below is an example of Microsoft Edge.
6. Review the results and determine a course of actions if needed.
Note: The data is already sorted by Plan Type, Deduction Code, and Pay Period End Date. The data appearing in the Excel spreadsheet is:
a. Pay Run ID
b. Pay Period End
c. ID = Empl ID
d. Ded Class = Deduction Class values are B for Before Tax and A for After Tax.
e. Plan Type = A list of Plan Type are available in Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid in HRS.
f. Deductn Cd = A list of Deduction Codes are available in Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid in HRS.
g. Curr Dedn = Current Deduction Amount
h. Off Cycle = Off Cycle values are N for Not Off Cycle and Y for Off Cycle.
i. After = Total Amount deducted After Tax for the Deduction Code.
j. Before = Total Amount deducted Before Tax for the Deduction Code.
k. Taxable = Incorrectly labeled on the spreadsheet. Total Amount deducted Nontaxable for the Deduction Code.
l. Non-Taxable = Incorrectly labeled on the spreadsheet. Total Amount deducted Taxable for the Deduction Code.